• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book Acquisitions of 2011!

131 posts in this topic

This one is by far, my most LONGED for comic acquisition in 2011. In all honesty, probably in my whole CGC collecting career!!

(Indebted to Vintageleatherpants for making this grail happen (worship) )

DD7cgc94oww50p.jpg

Patience was a virtue for this one!! I almost cut a check in 2008 for double what I paid for this BUTE in a C-Link auction in May. Being Hawkeye's 4th appearancr and start as an Avenger, makes it a special acquisition for me!

(This book became more coveted to me when Cheetah complimented me and it upon posting her in the C-Link win thread (thumbs u )

RADCBCE02010927_12301.jpg

This just trumps my JIM #116 from Greg Reece's recent find, for #3 spot. (#116 is big deal to me since it is my second to last book completing the first 10 appearances of DD in comics) I've always been a BIG fan of Smokey since my early childhood. Such a great Mascot in imho. This book marks his first appearance in comics. I'm so glad I finally bit the bullet and added it to cart. Its tied with one other as the highest graded. (I think Mark owns its twin) Sorry for the crappy pic.

(Thank-you Gemma for adding a Smokey the Bear Set!! :hi::foryou: )

IMG_5084.jpg

Avengers 16 was one of the first back issues I ever bought back in the 70's. Love your nm copy. My favorite out of your three is the Smokey. Like you, I have loved Smokey almost my entire life. Very nice.

Here is my top 3 this year in terms of price/quality ratio.

By far the best of the three is the French Canadian Hulk #1. You cannot imagine how rare is this book in such high grade. Once every 20 years can you find a copy of such a quality.

The Hulk #5 is the best CGC 8.5 I own and ever seen. Much better than some CGC 9.2 or 9.4 that I have and that were graded in later years...

Hulk5CGC1.jpg

Hulk1.jpg

GreenLantern76CGC.jpg

#1 (my first key)

It may only be a .5

The signature is pretty common.

But I got it (the issue, raw) from a local store for $2, so that makes 2011 the best year of my comic collecting life - to this point.

6237609368_777fa1782d.jpg

#2 (my first golden age)

It is still with the good people at Classics Incorporated (before heading to CGC), but I do have this photographic update on it's status.

6595150003_f2cb98cfba_b.jpg

#3 (my first sketch)

It is the beginning of a long planned series of sketches from The Walking Dead.

It is behind a spoiler tag for those that don't read the series, but enjoy the TV show.

6315068298_f8d18d0b4d_b.jpg

I'm such a bottom feeder... hm

My #3 comes from wanting a high grade copy forever, then happening across one in a dollar box. :whee:

no3.jpg

#2 would have to be this. :cloud9:

sketchbook1.jpg

And there's no doubt in my mind what my #1 is... :luhv:

HOM205x2.jpg