• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teen Titans collecting thread!

35 posts in this topic

I've always preferred 54 over issue 60 and I know that CGC lists 54 as the first appearance. Is there value in 60 being the first issue with a Teen Titans title?

Yes, absolutely. Brave & the Bold 60 is the first Teen Titans appearance. No Wonder Girl, no Teen Titans.

:makepoint:

What gets to me is that I find my scans make my comics look so cruddy since every minor flaw ends up being exaggerated. I often look at my scans and think "What? I thought that comic was in much better condition than that!" Then I look at the actual comic again and confirm to myself that it is indeed a really nice comic.

(shrug)

The Teen Titans were created due to the success of B&B 54, and this is the first appearance of Wonder Girl.

Don't get me wrong, I love B&B 54...this book, which I bought new off the stands is one of my favorite comic of all time. Evry single stpry in it was influentail to my collecting future:

dc21a.jpg

dc21b.jpg

The Teen Titans were created due to the success of B&B 54, and this is the first appearance of Wonder Girl.

To which comic are you referring here, the Brave & the Bold 60 or the Superboy Giant?

Don't get me wrong, I love B&B 54...this book, which I bought new off the stands is one of my favorite comic of all time. Every single story in it was influentail to my collecting future:

To which comic are you referring here, the Brave & the Bold 54 or the Superboy Giant?

???

To which comic are you referring here, the Brave & the Bold 60 or the Superboy Giant?

Don't get me wrong, I love B&B 54...this book, which I bought new off the stands is one of my favorite comic of all time. Every single story in it was influentail to my collecting future:

To which comic are you referring here, the Brave & the Bold 54 or the Superboy Giant?

???

Sorry for the confusion,

I am referring to the BB 60 as the first (IMO) real Teen Titans. I am referring to Super DC Giant 21 as my first exposure to BB 54 which is a awesome comic ( I have re-read it many times)

I have a huge nostalgic love for that giant. I collect Super, Legion and some Titans, and a lot can be traced back to that book I bought when I was 11 at a 7-11 store.

I'm not even sure the Donna Troy Wonder Girl's first appearance can be traced back only as far as Brave & the Bold 60 in current DC "contunuity". Wonder Woman editor Robert Kanigher had already stopped taking the trouble to label every story featuring Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl together as an "Impossible Tale". Here from earlier in 1965:

16-06-2011101152PM.jpg

And of course we now know that Wonder Woman had rescued baby Donna Troy from a fire and turned her over to the Titan gods to be raised. From there at some point she returned to Earth and Paradise Island.

But who or what is Wonder Tot? That of course is another mystery. Here they all stand at Wonder Woman's wedding, with no hint that it was actually "Impossible":

25-06-2011101057PM.jpg

???

I am glad you brought this up. I had read somewhere that whoever was the editor or writer of B&B 60 didn't realize that the Wonder Girl in Wonder Woman was Wonder Woman as a girl, and not a seperate character. So they wrote her in, and then had to come up with a backstory later.

I really Love the Teen Titans #23 cover. I have a nice copy, but it isn't scanned.