• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2012 book club

991 posts in this topic

0009 X-Men Legacy 257

0010 X-Men Legacy 258

0011 The Walking Dead 92

0012 The New Mutants vol 1 17

0013 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 0

0014 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 1

0015 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 2 The Ripper One Shot

0016 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 3 Myths & Legends 6

0017 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 4 Wonderland One Shot

0018 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 5 Neverland One Shot

That' only 18 books so far. I will have to do some serious catching up

X-O Manowar 3, 4, 5

Solar Man of the Atom 16, 17, 18

Astonishing X-Men 46

Fantastic Four 602

FF 14

Capt. America and Bucky 626

Flash 5

Invincible Iron Man 512

Prophet 21

Secret Avengers 21.1

Teen Titans 5

Ultimates 6

All Star western 5

American Vampire 23

Aquaman 5

I Vampire 5

Justice League 5

Justice League Dark 5

Mighty Thor 10

Savage Hawkman 5

Voodoo 5

X-Men Legacy 261

"The Outfit", seriously good graphic novel by Darwyn Cooke, based on a Richard (Donald Westlake) Stark story. Hard boiled crime. Gloriously delineated. Recommended.

At 144 story pages I'm counting this as 6 comics, 24 pages per.

Last weekend I bought a good sized accumulation of 50's readers, so everything else is a 10 cent cover, huzzah!

Casper the Friendly Ghost 8

Mystery in Space 11

Jerry Lewis 53

W D C & S 112

Mystery in Space 62

Manhunt 13 (A-1 Comics 63, Frazetta!)

Tor 4 Kubert coolness

Tales of the Unexpected 40

Harvey Hits 15 Phantom, reprints from the newspaper strip, great stuff!

G. I. Tales 6

Flash 106

Strange Tales 12

Archie 38

G. I. Combat 76, painted Grandenetti cover

G. I. Combat 84, graytone!

Jimmy Olsen 47

Four Color 408 Donald Duck and the Golden Helmet, Barks!

Four Color 386 Uncle Scrooge, Only A Poor Man

Four Color 456 Uncle Scrooge, Back to the Klondike

Four Color 495 Uncle Scrooge

Zoo Funnies 9, Nyoka the Jungle Girl

The Fighting Man 1

The Marvel Family 53

With more lazy Sunday reading for tomorrow.

Gotta love the oldies, they packed a whole load of storytelling into every page.

Total for 2012: 162

KOSMIC KAT ACTIVITY BOOK - I know, WTF? don't ask

HELLBLAZER 146-150 Hard Time by Azzarello & Corben. I like Azzarello. He's a writer, like Mike Carey, that must be re-read because they both plan out their storylines so well and in advance that they are able to plant seeds that they refer back to 20 issues later. Foreshadowing that is so subtle it's easy to miss(especially at my reading level). But when re-read you get that,'A-ha, now I see what this means."

I also like Corben, just not when he draws a chubby J.C. It's odd, every character in the five issues looked perfectly "normal' to me in that Corben style. But J.C. always looked weird/bad. Maybe because for the previous 145 issues I've been used to seeing him depicted one way, then he starts looking like Chas(Bono).

Final update for January 2012. This has been a monster month, on par with my best months last year.

I had so many modern runs to finish and with my pull list expanding to over 40 comics a month I didn't even have time to start on the pile of back issues I wanted to read doh!

Fables 81 - 100

Formic Wars Silent Strike #2

Punisher Max 14 - 21

Batwoman 1 - 5

Batgirl 1 - 5

Aquaman 1 - 5

BPRD Hell on Earth Russia #5

Batman The Dark Knight #5

Catwoman #5

Fables hasn't thrilled me as much with this run as it has done in the past, once the adversary was taken hostage and the great war ended it kinda felt deflated, this new "Dark Man" is an ok villain, but pretty stereotype.

I gave in to peer pressure and read Batgirl, Batwoman and Aquaman as a lot of people told me I was missing out on some good reading. I'm already reading about 10 - 12 of the new DC series, so I thought it couldn't hurt. But to be honest, I'm not feeling the love for Batgirl that a lot of readers seem to due. Aquaman is pretty good, and Batwoman is "ok" (even though I have no idea who any of the protagonists are, having never read DC). But I'm not going to be picking up Batgirl and was happy that this was a "borrow" and not a "buy"

Anyway, 46 comics, for a total of 248 comics read in January (and so far in 2012).

U.S. Residents Only: Free Comics

The first US resident boardie. who has previously posted in this thread, to PM me a list of 50 comics from the group below will receive them for FREE. No probation listers, HOS or those i happen to have on ignore.

P.S. Hope this is ok here- but it's not a FS thread, they're free.

What a very generous gesture :applause:

Very generous, indeed! I love this hobby! So many good people!!!! (thumbs u

Today's Blustery Michigan January Lazy Sunday Reads:

Four Color 1110, Bonanza

Superboy 68, first Bizarro

Four Color 930, Maverick

Leave it to Binky 54

Four Color 238, Donald Duck, Voodoo Hoodoo

Tales from the Crypt 35

Strange Adventures 101

Four Color 916, Red Ryder

Spooky 2

Four Color 367, Donald Duck, "A Christmas for Shacktown"

Superboy 91

True Secrets 28

Six-Gun Western 4

House of Mystery 79

Hillbilly Comics 3, Charlton, L'il Abner knockoffs

House of Mystery 90

Patsy and Hedy 5

My Greatest Adventure 53

Laugh 46

Strange Tales 30

Crime Detective V3 #7

So the All Ten Cent Covers readfest continues, and I have at least another hundred pulled to read out of that last buy. Ten cent comics RULE!

Total for 2012: 183

Bullet to the Head- 6 issues (Pretty cool! Crime fiction with great art! (thumbs u )

Secret Avengers: V2- 7 issues (Brubaker can do no wrong in my eyes! Best of the Avengers books! (thumbs u )

Supreme Power: Gods and Soldiers- 4 issues (Decent read.)

Ultimate Captain America- 4 issues (Really enjoyed this take on a "different" Cap.)

Warlord of Mars- 9 issues (Great story, good art, fatastic Jusko covers! Welcome back John Carter! (thumbs u )

Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris- 5 issues (Decent read, nowhere near as good as the WOM trade. Once again, some great Jusko covers.)

Buck Rogers V2- 7 issues (Love this version of Buck!!!! (thumbs u )

Avengers V2- 7 issues (Interesting plot, good art. Fun, but nothing special.)

157 comics read since Jan 1st

Bullet to the Head- 6 issues (Pretty cool! Crime fiction with great art! (thumbs u )

Secret Avengers: V2- 7 issues (Brubaker can do no wrong in my eyes! Best of the Avengers books! (thumbs u )

Ultimate Captain America- 4 issues (Really enjoyed this take on a "different" Cap.)

Warlord of Mars- 9 issues (Great story, good art, fatastic Jusko covers! Welcome back John Carter! (thumbs u )

Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris- 5 issues (Decent read, nowhere near as good as the WOM trade. Once again, some great Jusko covers.)

Uh oh, Borock's sneaking up on my 183 total, I'm going to have to pick up the pace!

(Catrick gallops down to dinner, and grabs a stack of 10 centers off the "read these" pile)

Uh oh, Borock's sneaking up on my 183 total, I'm going to have to pick up the pace!

(Catrick gallops down to dinner, and grabs a stack of 10 centers off the "read these" pile)

Don't worry, none of us will catch up to Chromium! :facepalm:

Don't worry, none of us will catch up to Chromium! :facepalm:

true dat

January reading.... Uncle Scrooge 1-31

Very enjoyable stories. My favorites are the Flintheart Glomgold appearances (U$ 15 and 27) and the Beagle Boy stories. Also, the back-up story "The Fabulous Tycoon" from U$ 23 is a gem.

us_ggi_004b_002_flg.png