• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2012 book club

991 posts in this topic

Hehe, nothing wrong with a strong fight for second place, lol

True, but I ain't going to get 2nd place either :blush:

Just having fun sharing what I read and hoping it makes someone pick up a comic that they might not have. This thread has done that for me (thumbs u

Tonight's "Increase the lead on Borock" reads:

Laugh 69

World's Finest 91

Four Color 156, Porky Pig and the Phantom

Archie Annual 11

Richie Rich 4

Batman 98 Batman ends up bringing Jules Verne to the present day and shows him all the cool things Verne predicted that have been invented. Fun!

House of Mystery 4 Ahh, one of those early 50's 40 pagers!

Total for 2012: 190

Just having fun sharing what I read and hoping it makes someone pick up a comic that they might not have. This thread has done that for me (thumbs u

Sure enough, that's true here, too. Heaven help me, I might have to start reading some Moderns again, lol LOL

17. American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #1

18. American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #2

19. American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #3

20. American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #4

21. American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #5

This thread has made me a reader again, can't say how many trades I have picked up because someone was raving about it in here...and I'm a better man for it.

When I started in 2011 I thought I was mainly going to read my backlog of backissues from 1961-1985... but after a while I got to reading more and more moderns and now it's almost exclusively modern books.

Bullet to the Head- 6 issues (Pretty cool! Crime fiction with great art! (thumbs u )

Secret Avengers: V2- 7 issues (Brubaker can do no wrong in my eyes! Best of the Avengers books! (thumbs u )

Supreme Power: Gods and Soldiers- 4 issues (Decent read.)

Ultimate Captain America- 4 issues (Really enjoyed this take on a "different" Cap.)

Warlord of Mars- 9 issues (Great story, good art, fatastic Jusko covers! Welcome back John Carter! (thumbs u )

Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris- 5 issues (Decent read, nowhere near as good as the WOM trade. Once again, some great Jusko covers.)

Buck Rogers V2- 7 issues (Love this version of Buck!!!! (thumbs u )

Avengers V2- 7 issues (Interesting plot, good art. Fun, but nothing special.)

157 comics read since Jan 1st

movie from Walter Hill coming in April hm

This thread has made me a reader again, can't say how many trades I have picked up because someone was raving about it in here...and I'm a better man for it.

When I started in 2011 I thought I was mainly going to read my backlog of backissues from 1961-1985... but after a while I got to reading more and more moderns and now it's almost exclusively modern books.

Very true. I just picked up Northlanders. :banana: Hopefully I get a chance to read it before the summer.

Very true. I just picked up Northlanders. :banana: Hopefully I get a chance to read it before the summer.

Makes excellent reading winter or summer (thumbs u

22. Rock Bottom - Graphic Novel

I'd recommend reading this, nice black & white art by Charlie Adlard. The story is about a guy who slowly finds he is turning into stone. This isn't about superheroes or anything along those lines, just a man who is undergoing a very strange event and how this effects his life and those around him.

0019 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 6 Salem's Daughter one shot

0020 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 7 Myths & Legends 7

0021 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 8 Sinbad one shot

0022 Grimm Fairy Tales Dream Eater Saga 9 Grimm Fairy Tales 63

Up to 22 book at the end of January... this isn't going in the right direction. Will have to do some catching up if I even want to get close to the 1000 books

Up to 96 read for the year.

(thumbs u (thumbs u Uncharted 1-3 (based on the video game) An unexpected pleasantly fun read so far! Took forever to get a copy of Issue 1. Wonder if that issue is scarce or something....

Up to 96 read for the year.

(thumbs u (thumbs u Uncharted 1-3 (based on the video game) An unexpected pleasantly fun read so far! Took forever to get a copy of Issue 1. Wonder if that issue is scarce or something....

its selling well on feebay, video game fans chasing these aswell, best games i have ever played

read this week

Vampirella book 1

X Men Savage Land

Excalibur Mojo Mayhem

Excalibur Sword is Drawn

Oh man, i've been pretty bad keeping track of what i've read but i have been keeping my goal of 3 comics a day since the last time i posted. I'm pretty proud of that since i was lagging pretty bad there in the begining. Lets see what i can remember some of what i read.

Still reading the Strange Tales trade (but i havn't been keeping track of those so i'll just add it as one lump sum when im done with it)

I finished reading the first book of the flash chronicles. (Im just going to add these as one lump sum when i finish them also. 5 comics each)

100_3334.jpg

I read a coverless copy of batman 29 and detective 219 last night that i picked up yesterday.

23bm29.jpg

A couple other batman/tecs i can remember reading in the past couple weeks are batman 205, detective comics 319, 320, 362, 363, 374, 375

24bm205.jpg

25dc219.jpg

26dc319.jpg

27dc320.jpg

28dc362.jpg

29dc363.jpg

30dc374.jpg

31dc375.jpg

Ive been reading alot of the sci fi reprints by DC also. (Strange Adventures, From Beyond the Unkown)

I got myself a notepad to keep track of what i read so i can keep track of every book i read this year. I think it'll be pretty cool at the end of the year to see what books i read that whole year.

76 down. Alot more to go.

Oh man, i've been pretty bad keeping track of what i've read but i have been keeping my goal of 3 comics a day since the last time i posted. I'm pretty proud of that since i was lagging pretty bad there in the begining. Lets see what i can remember some of what i read.

Ive been reading alot of the sci fi reprints by DC also. (Strange Adventures, From Beyond the Unkown)

I got myself a notepad to keep track of what i read so i can keep track of every book i read this year. I think it'll be pretty cool at the end of the year to see what books i read that whole year.

76 down. Alot more to go.

Some great reads there! I track mine here: http://listography.com/ if that helps you.