• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest comic ever?

88 posts in this topic

Hey folks...

My ten year old asked me a good question today: what is the greatest comic ever? This question is wide open, as greatest could refer to value, artwork, story, character, etc. Since this is entirely subjective it seems like the best way to determine it would be by poll.

My knowledge of comics is fairly niche-specific, so before I open a poll I'd like to open this to suggestions for contenders.

So, that being said, what is the one book you feel is the greatest comic ever?

I'll give this a couple of days and select the top 15-20 candidates (assuming I get enough responses), which I will then put up as a poll.

Thanks!

Amazing Fantasy #15 hands down.

1st appearance of the most popular character in comics: Spider-Man.

The story is brillant. The cover is iconic. The art still holds up to todays standards. The Spidey pages alone make a perfect comic.

Action #1 and Detective #27 will likely be named as well, but Superman and Batman have changed over the years. AF #15 got Spidey right on the 1st try.

lf1.jpg

Greatest comic for me means greatest story. So...

The single comic story I think about most is Swamp Thing #45, 'Ghost Dance.' I loved that comic so much!!!

If not that, then the two part Superman send-off by Alan Moore, with that heart breaking Krypto bit... :cry: