• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storage..........

11 posts in this topic

Binders can cause spine roll in books - I really don't recommend you store your books in them unless they are reader copies or you just like looking at the artwork.

Mylar and Fullback is the best way to go - the more economic solution is like you have said; bag and board in boxes.

I have never actually seen a comic book binder in person. I'm assuming they are maybe 3 or 4 " binders??? However, it seems to me that a comic binder could only hold (I'm guessing) maybe 20 books before it became unwieldy. Or, to hold a fair number of books, it would have to be ridiculously thick. Overall, it seems to me that using binders as your sole method of storage would be very expensive (I would need to buy hundreds of binders), unwieldy and possibly damaging to the comics due to too much potential bending, flipping, rolling, etc.

For true "storage" only, I would suggest bags (mylite 2s) and boards (half-backs or full-backs) and boxes.

However, I guess a binder would be fine to display (not store) a few of your less valuable books.

I just switched all my SA books to 2mm mylars and 48mm acid free/alkaline buffer fullbacks. I've never felt my books look prettier and better protected. I feel more comfortable handling them and allowing non comic fans to handle and look at my books.

They are clearer than slabs!

I tried using binders a few years back. Definately wouldn't recommend them for protection. The lack of support along the spine edge causes roll and creasing. Boards can also get warped. unless you keep the binders full enough so that the books support each other.

I switched to using Volstors for the books I like to have easy access to (Not sure if they have them over there). They can securely hold up to 30 books and the replacable spine art and covers keep your collection looking great.

Not the cheapest method but certainly worth the money.

I just switched all my SA books to 2mm mylars and 48mm acid free/alkaline buffer fullbacks. I've never felt my books look prettier and better protected. I feel more comfortable handling them and allowing non comic fans to handle and look at my books.

They are clearer than slabs!

^^