• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics #1

41 posts in this topic

Waaaaayyyy off subject ,but i was just checking that site out (comic pedigrees) and there is a Tec 27 2.5 with a coupon cut out of the back cover, how did it get a 2.5? BTW if you type in detective comics on the left of the home screen it comes up.

Waaaaayyyy off subject ,but i was just checking that site out (comic pedigrees) and there is a Tec 27 2.5 with a coupon cut out of the back cover, how did it get a 2.5? BTW if you type in detective comics on the left of the home screen it comes up.

Lost Valley copy?

If it's otherwise a VF type book I could see it getting a 2.0-2.5 Equivalent to a soft creased up spine, chips out, and multiple tears - at least to some/enough people.

Ed

Lost Valley copy?

If it's otherwise a VF type book I could see it getting a 2.0-2.5 Equivalent to a soft creased up spine, chips out, and multiple tears - at least to some/enough people.

Ed

I'd be WAAAAY happier with that copy than a standard 2.5 beater.

Lost Valley copy?

Ed

I would be too no doubt. I was just curious CGC didnt hammer it more because of that.

Lost Valley copy?

Ed

If it's just a coupon out, I thought the submittor had a choice between a blue 2.5 label or a green qualified 8.0 label. If it was me, I think the green 8.0 slab would definitely look better than having an otherwise gorgeous book residing in a blue 2.5 slab. (shrug)

Lost Valley copy?

Ed

If it's just a coupon out, I thought the submittor had a choice between a blue 2.5 label or a green qualified 8.0 label. If it was me, I think the green 8.0 slab would definitely look better than having an otherwise gorgeous book residing in a blue 2.5 slab. (shrug)

+1 I was thinking the same thing too

Lost Valley copy?

Ed

The fact that submitter would choose the 2.5 blue option speaks volumes about the green/purple "scarlet letter" stigma.

Lost Valley copy?

Ed

The fact that submitter would choose the 2.5 blue option speaks volumes about the green/purple "scarlet letter" stigma.

Agreed. It's still the same book regardless of the color of the label or the number in the corner.

Only problem with that pic is that it looks like a 1970's photocopy. Wish they had a nice scan of the book [reported to be a 9.8!].

Why hasn't it been slabbed and DAAAAAAMN !!! That's a Mighty Fine - er Mint Copy !!!