• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

21 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone else picked this up (Probably only in the UK)

Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Saw the ad's on TV over Christmas and was intrigued. I usually avoid these newstand "collect-em-ups" as they are usually fairly poor products at relatively high prices but the thought of a Spidey HC at £2.99 hooked me.

I wasn't expecting much but with a price similar to a monthly floppy (Plus, I hadn't read Spider-Man : Homecoming) I thought it was worth a dabble.

Read the book and enjoyed it. the small amount of additional sketches and creator interviews were also pretty good.

With the next set of books being;

UXM : Dark Phoenix Saga

Iron Man : Extremis

Spidey : Birth of Venom

Thor : Reborn

Ultimates : Vol 1

I think I'll stick with it (Plus if I get them all, the sweet Gabrielle Dell Otto spine art will look great on my bookshelf). I'd be interested to know if anyone else will be joining me.

Looks like more than fifty of them if you look at one of the pages on the link it shows what the collection will look like on a bookcase.

Interesting that this is getting a big tv ad campaign over here, whereas comics companies don't tend to promote their bread and butter products in the same way. hm

Looks like more than fifty of them if you look at one of the pages on the link it shows what the collection will look like on a bookcase.

Interesting that this is getting a big tv ad campaign over here, whereas comics companies don't tend to promote their bread and butter products in the same way. hm

That's because it is an independent company producing it under license, not Marvel. So they need all the publicity.

Does this remind US fans of the old Time-Life book series they used to do???

"The Old West"

"John Wesley Hardin, so mean he once shot a man for snoring."