• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

Universal & there is some prior discussion about whether or not that was a great deal or not. I'm of the opinion that it was a steal but that a year from now the beauty cover will go for just a little more than that and that the best will probably sell well at around a $100 but only time will tell. I also imagine that Brubaker & Phillips won't publish more than 15 issues, but I certainly good the series runs for a considerably long time.

if nothing else it seems like more trouble than it's worth. I can't imagine a whole lot of care going into packaging a $3.00 comic where you're close to losing money (even if you only paid $1.25 or less for it originally).

If you standardize your packaging and shipping practices then it can be quite lucrative. Most people also don't buy a single issue. If you enjoy it and stay organized toucan do quite well. Trust me. :)

Absolutely.

I was all over the place with shipping methods and packing materials. It was so bad I was lucky enough to make a dollar. So I started standerdizing my packaging, bought a scale, and pre-printing shipping labels etc. I'm still refining my system but things are going a lot better.

Jerry subs so many books, I suspect he probably gets a larger discount than the rest of us.

With my 10% Collector's Society discount, I generally pay around $20 for modern slabbing ($30 if fast tracked). This does not include the original cost of the comic or shipping to CGC, just the grading fees and return shipping.

His total in pocket profit would be about $38 after all grading and eBay fees. We should have a business section to the boards. lol

Good point there, but the sellers that need to listen wont. Standardized work for shipping is a must.

Unfortunately you're right. :(

Uline for shipping material and I have the ability to ship hundreds of slabs at any time for about $120.

My boxes can ship 1-5 slabs so it keeps things simple. It amazes me how many people are unaware or try to cheap out on bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Seriously? It's actually really cheap. :preach:

Unfortunately you're right. :(

Uline for shipping material and I have the ability to ship hundreds of slabs at any time for about $120.

My boxes can ship 1-5 slabs so it keeps things simple. It amazes me how many people are unaware or try to cheap out on bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Seriously? It's actually really cheap. :preach:

Yes sir,

You can buy a 100' X 12" rolls of small bubble wrap for $20.00...sometimes you can find a deal on 200'X12" for not much more.

So, I have a question for you guys.

I'm on the fence about this, but I have both #1 variants in nm/mt raw. Since Brubaker will be at Emerald City, you think I should spend the $ to get them both signed and graded? What would you expect I could sell them both for on here, and/or on ebay? I'm very confident they will be 9.8's, hoping for 9.9's? lol

Halp!

Jerome