• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest Comic in Your Collection That You Bought Brand New!

106 posts in this topic

Keep in mind that the topic is the oldest book you personally purchased the month it was released. I didn't notice this at first.

That would be Spidey 200 for me (I also got 198 & 199 on the same trip, but only because they hadn't been returned to the distributer).

Keep in mind that the topic is the oldest book you personally purchased the month it was released. I didn't notice this at first.

So you don't believe I was born in 1904? Sheesh, everyone's a cynic...

Seriously, I didn't catch that either, sorry all. My real answer to this is a 75 cent cover Fantastic Four, as I sold the comics of my youth while I was in High school.

So you don't believe I was born in 1904? Sheesh, everyone's a cynic...

Seriously, I didn't catch that either, sorry all. My real answer to this is a 75 cent cover Fantastic Four, as I sold the comics of my youth while I was in High school.

lol I was thinking, wow you're old!

Parents bought me comics all thru childhood. Richie Rich, Casper, Archie etc.

First comic I purchased off the rack in the summer of '81 and the book that started me collecting... yep Star Wars # 51 :)

Still have it right here :)

starwars51.jpg