• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Just Got My First Restored CGC Submitted Book

31 posts in this topic

:cry: At least I can check that off my list of things to do.

Silver Surfer, #4, 8.5, SP. I'm guessing color touch.

Time to go watch LSU stomp the Tide.

On the bright side, I got a nice grade on my New York Variant TMNT #3 with Eastman and Laird inside sigs. (also 8.5)

Also on the bright side, I'm a halfway decent grader, says CGC. Of my 9 submissions so far, I'm 8/9.

At least you know beforehand.

My first (only) PLOD, I didn't check my grades online. Opened the box and saw the purple.

Yeah, it's a good feeling. :cloud9:

I'm in the club. :cloud9:

Don't feather kick me, bro.

(worship) (worship) (worship)

(Disclaimer: In case you didn't know, Bill is one of the bestest posters of all.)

Bill and I are bros, Chris, but thanks for the concerned clarification. (thumbs u

And LSU turns in the worst Bowl appearance EVAH.

I'm glad none of this matters.

:whee:

I'm considering taking four books, reprinted out of the 1978 Fireside book, Marvel's Greatest Superhero Battles to get signed by Stan Lee in NO on 28th.

SS 4

FF 25

DD 7

TOS 79

Anyone have any thoughts on that? Extremely fond memories.

Balls.

You rang?

Hey new guy. I'm reading and enjoying your contributions. Keep doing the Lord's work, and thanks for the quick reply.

And LSU turns in the worst Bowl appearance EVAH.

I'm glad none of this matters.

:whee:

I'm considering taking four books, reprinted out of the 1978 Fireside book, Marvel's Greatest Superhero Battles to get signed by Stan Lee in NO on 28th.

SS 4

FF 25

DD 7

TOS 79

Anyone have any thoughts on that? Extremely fond memories.

Don't deflower a DD 7, ever. :sumo: It was the first key I bought when I was about 12 years old. It was a beater and I think I paid around 10 bucks for it. Love that book.

Anything else is fair game. (thumbs u

Don't deflower a DD 7, ever. :sumo: It was the first key I bought when I was about 12 years old. It was a beater and I think I paid around 10 bucks for it. Love that book.

Anything else is fair game. (thumbs u

If you had read that Fireside book at an impressionable age, you'd understand why I want to.

Of course, I understand your point. I'm conflicted a bit on Silver Age sigs.

Was the SS 4 PLOD acquired recently or was this book molested many moons ago?

Acquired prolly 2 years ago from Ebay in what is now unequivocally a too good to be true deal.

Truth is when I started collecting again I would buy mostly from EBay . After my short tenure on these boards, my knowledge and expectations are so much higher, that looking at the majority of drek I bought, I wouldn't have purchased 95% of what I did.

eBay seems to have become a cesspool of pick pockets and guttersnipes. You have to be afraid to purchase anything. If you do go ahead, even if the book is as described, after the cretin sticks it in an envelope and is done fondling it, like a 16 year old at a drive in, it arrives looking like Kelly Lebrock's scale. You've realized that you are just as brain dead for buying after you swore you wouldn't, after the last mess experience, and your self esteem is shot.

eBay sucks! rantrant

Was the SS 4 PLOD acquired recently or was this book molested many moons ago?

Acquired prolly 2 years ago from Ebay in what is now unequivocally a too good to be true deal.

Truth is when I started collecting again I would buy mostly from EBay . After my short tenure on these boards, my knowledge and expectations are so much higher, that looking at the majority of drek I bought, I wouldn't have purchased 95% of what I did.

eBay seems to have become a cesspool of pick pockets and guttersnipes. You have to be afraid to purchase anything. If you do go ahead, even if the book is as described, after the cretin sticks it in an envelope and is done fondling it, like a 16 year old at a drive in, it arrives looking like Kelly Lebrock's scale. You've realized that you are just as brain dead for buying after you swore you wouldn't, after the last mess experience, and your self esteem is shot.

eBay sucks! rantrant

This post made me :roflmao:

Balls.

You rang?

Hey new guy. I'm reading and enjoying your contributions. Keep doing the Lord's work, and thanks for the quick reply.

They say if you say Ball's name three times in a dark room in front of a mirror with the sink running and a rubber ducky in the bathtub, he appears in your kitchen making a lasagna.

Quick dinner solution. :cloud9: