• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could only have one comic

57 posts in this topic

It would be a comic related somehow to my childhood. As a kid in the 70s, I read Uncle Scrooge, Richie Rich, and DC war comics.

The one comic that means the most to my given those choices and parameters is Richie Rich 1. That's my keeper.

Star Wars #6

I read that book a million times thinking:

1) I only get to see this awesome space battle once every few years in the theater, and

2) I'll never be able to get the other 5 books to read the whole movie!

My how times have changed. Still love that book.

Amazing Spider-Man #33 (thumbs u

Seeing your avatar constantly made me read that issue the other night when I was flipping through my ASMs. I actually really liked the expositional dialogue and lead-up to the end. I don't know much about the issue's effect on Spider-Man's character afterwards - was that an issue that defined the character in the long term?

I could also actually see a little bit of the Spider-Man 2 plot line being influenced by it.

Very tough decision, but I invariably come back to Silver Streak #7, with 38 pages of Jack Cole art (4 different character stories) featuring the first appearance of the classic GA Daredevil in split red & blue costume and start of the epic Daredevil/Claw battle! :cloud9:

img_SilverStreak7_058-1-1.jpg

Oh, did I mention that magnificent Cole cover? (thumbs u

Amazing Spider-Man #33 (thumbs u

Seeing your avatar constantly made me read that issue the other night when I was flipping through my ASMs. I actually really liked the expositional dialogue and lead-up to the end. I don't know much about the issue's effect on Spider-Man's character afterwards - was that an issue that defined the character in the long term?

I could also actually see a little bit of the Spider-Man 2 plot line being influenced by it.

Probably my most favorite story arc in the whole Spider-Man run. :cloud9: