• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Checking out 2 original owner collections today

58 posts in this topic

Apparently it was used to teach kids reading comprehension.

I think it was used to teach Navy personnel.

If your going to sell them . I hope you offer them up hear here first.

If Your can sell his books, can Your sell my books too? This is a forum, i cant hear mess bro.

You're welcome!

Of course....gotta sell off the stuff that I don't really collect. When I sell I like to move them along quickly to people who will enjoy them. Once my photobucket pics are up and working again I'm going to make a couple more announcements in the sales thread.

Here's the story...Part 1

I met the first guy at a Starbucks. He told me he had 50 books to sell. He showed up with 11. None of the Detectives or Timely's I was really looking forward to.

He brought the All-Select 1, All-Winners 1, 8 Actions, and Green Llama 5.

The All-Select 1 was about 1.5, possibly 1.8. Cover detached and a few pieces out of cover. He told me he had an offer for $3600 from a comic shop in NYC. I told him to run and take it as soon as he could! The All Winners 1 was really ragged out and he had some crazy offer on that as well.

Onto the Actions. I was able to pick up the following 7 books. Sorry but scanner isn't working well right now. There was a really solid 36 as well but it was missing the centerfold :pullhair:

The process was a little strange though. He told me he wanted someone who was going to take care of them. These were his grandfather's so he's sentimental about them. He's selling to give the money to his grandmother to help with some home expenses. I told him I would, but that I also sell off the stuff I won't be holding onto. So I gave him my best offer, which was probably too much, but I figured can't go too wrong on these. He said he'd have to think about it. I left and 3 minutes later he called me and said let's do it. I pulled over and we did the transaction in a parking lot.

As he was leaving my car he said "you better take care of these dude. If I see them online I'm gonna come after you", to which I sheepishly replied, "ok." Then he followed and left with this, "I'm serious man, I know people...a lot of people."

There's nothing like someone presenting you something for sale, you giving them an offer which is accepted, and when the goods exchange hands you are threatened by the seller that you are not allowed to resell. Left me with an odd feeling. At least I did say I'll definitely be selling the 24 since I already have it. I'm covered on that one.

t001.jpg

t002.jpg

t003.jpg

t004.jpg

Great pick ups. It proves there are still great collections out there (thumbs u

Any idea if he still got the Detectives or Timely's?

Maybe he changed his mind about them. :wishluck: