• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is being undermined via PM on a "done deal" here a common thing?

196 posts in this topic

He's contacting people looking for my e-mail address now.

He offered $100, too good a deal to pass up. Thats what you get for all your "Ain't it past you bedtime" comments (tsk)

(thumbs u

Isn't it past your bedtime? :baiting:

Here's what I would do.

Posting a book I can't find or have already sold is certainly possible for me. However, when the :takeit: PM comes in, I am likely to busy posting books and engaging in general useless chatter to notice. So sometime after that PM, someone in the thread will buy the book via another :takeit:, which I will make note of. But it's late and I'm probably drunk so I will write down that book under someone else's name. The next day I will still not check my PM's as my head hurts and I'm kinda tired. Finally a few days later I will look thru my PM's and see that someone else got that book so I need to change my notes but I can't find them. So I make a mental note. Which, of course, will do me no good after about 45 seconds. Finally, when it's time to invoice I attempt to charge this book, that I do not actually have, to an unsuspecting board member. He, also being slightly fuzzy on the nights events, will assume I am correct and will pay for it. Not having the book, I won't actually ship it to him. But he won't notice really. Which is ok, because he made a post-thread deal with another board member to swap several of their purchases, including this imaginary book, which I was told about in another PM that I haven't gotten to yet. But those books have already been mailed.

So you see.........uhh....what was the question again? hm

Here's what I would do.

Posting a book I can't find or have already sold is certainly possible for me. However, when the :takeit: PM comes in, I am likely to busy posting books and engaging in general useless chatter to notice. So sometime after that PM, someone in the thread will buy the book via another :takeit:, which I will make note of. But it's late and I'm probably drunk so I will write down that book under someone else's name. The next day I will still not check my PM's as my head hurts and I'm kinda tired. Finally a few days later I will look thru my PM's and see that someone else got that book so I need to change my notes but I can't find them. So I make a mental note. Which, of course, will do me no good after about 45 seconds. Finally, when it's time to invoice I attempt to charge this book, that I do not actually have, to an unsuspecting board member. He, also being slightly fuzzy on the nights events, will assume I am correct and will pay for it. Not having the book, I won't actually ship it to him. But he won't notice really. Which is ok, because he made a post-thread deal with another board member to swap several of their purchases, including this imaginary book, which I was told about in another PM that I haven't gotten to yet. But those books have already been mailed.

So you see.........uhh....what was the question again? hm

Speaking of which, if you haven't shipped my books from a month ago yet, just keep them until the next drunken romance selling thread - I'll be there with my mini-skirt and go-go boots on, with a Wild Turkey in one hand, and my pizz can in the other. At least that's what I'll tell you. :blush:

Getting the police involved may be the best option now.

Yes, it's gotten to that point.

I agree. This wackjob could actually be dangerous.

Ill kill him for a copy of AF15. Any grade will do.

CGC Boards Contract Killer at your service. :acclaim:

(worship)