• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record 9.4 Sale...

138 posts in this topic

True... but I can tell you that at WonderCon I was asked about this book more than any other...

Five different "major" dealers were walking around looking at every copy they could find. And I had at least 40 buyers asking me about copies... I hate the book personally. It's one of those books I try to sell as soon as I get it in because I just have no connection at all with the character and it bugs me to see it on my wall. But for the last four months I haven't passed up a single copy in any condition that has been offered to me. And they have all sold as fast as they came in... confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

I think more will sell at this level within the next year. I do think it will fluctuate between 1K and 1.5K, the one up on ebay right now will probably be more in the $1K range since as you said it was 2 guys driving this one. These prices are making it difficult for me to hold onto mine, white pages and allmost perfect centering. But I do like the book. Decisions, decisions. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it may be time to offer by beautiful MTU 1 9.4 White now that I acquired 2 9.6's. I think I need to run a few ebay auctions just so I remember how... and to hookup with this new crop of aggresive buyers.

news.gifWait until there are rumours of a MTU movie and get on the hype train...

Bruce. As you know better than most of us, Marvel Spotligt 5 is extremely tough to find in HG. The collectors of course are realizing it after looking long and hard. I think t 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthe next 9.4 will break this sales record. What a feeding frenzy if someone offered a 9.6 for sale. I rank this Black cover with HOS 92 as the holy grail of bronze age black cover books. . What would a MS 5 9.8 go for if one ever showed up. That is the question.

Just wait til the movie comes out, then crashes and burns, and we'll see how many insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators are willing to lay down $1500 on a CGC 9.4 copy. 27_laughing.gif

ghost_rider.jpg

Just wait til the movie comes out, then crashes and burns, and we'll see how many insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators are willing to lay down $1500 on a CGC 9.4 copy. 27_laughing.gif

ghost_rider.jpg

Maybe the next seller of a 9.4/9.6 CGC copy can put this pic alongside the auction desciption to see how the movie hype will affect sales. 27_laughing.gif

This ends in 3 days.

I wonder if it will hold up to the prior sale.

Link

White pages and probably the most perfect QP I've seen on a Spotlight 5.

In my mind, this copy is worth 10 times what the other one was.

(Not that I think the other was worth $1500)

But if I'd paid $1500 for the other, I'd pay much, much more for this one.

893applaud-thumb.gif

White pages and probably the most perfect QP I've seen on a Spotlight 5.

Yep thats a sweet copy, and if I was in the market for a HG copy that would fit the bill. It is way overvalued right now though. crazy.gif

Just wait, as the seller is selling the books on consignment from the source of most of my bronze Marvels that I bought back in the day. My copy graded a 9.6 from the guy and I know he has more! gossip.gif