• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record 9.4 Sale...

138 posts in this topic

I believe I said about a year ago that this would be a $1500 book in the future and I was just about laughed off the board by some of regular "pundits". I thought it would take a bit longer but the recent trend on this book has been increasing over the last few months. I think it may fluctuate between $1K and $1.5K but this book is here to stay for a while. This was not an abberation of a sale in my opinion, especially since the book did not have good eye appeal.

You win Chris $1400+ already... cripes confused-smiley-013.gif

The one up right now is at $1400 and counting 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey! when I checked in to make the previous post (to give you your props) your newest post wasn't present. Now it looks like you prompted a response. 27_laughing.gif Well anyway... just logging in to give you your due. I'm surprised by MS 5 yet again.

Hey Murph... do yourself a favor and unload a couple or 3 9.4's and put the $$$ in your warchest for the next 9.6. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey! when I checked in to make the previous post (to give you your props) your newest post wasn't present. Now it looks like you prompted a response. 27_laughing.gif Well anyway... just logging in to give you your due. I'm surprised by MS 5 yet again.

Hey Murph... do yourself a favor and unload a couple or 3 9.4's and put the $$$ in your warchest for the next 9.6. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Timing is everything angel.gif But hey, I thought you were correct that this would not match the last one at $1500. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

Timing is everything angel.gif But hey, I thought you were correct that this would not match the last one at $1500. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's $1900+ now.

Still 1 day and 9+ hours to go.

shocked.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Guess I'm not surprised, considering the high bidder paid $250 for a She-Hulk #1 9.8, $124.50 for a Swamp Thing #37 9.6 and $44.95 for a Swamp Thing v. 2 #1 9.6! Doesn't look like a speculator to me...more like a fool easily parted with his money.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Guess I'm not surprised, considering the high bidder paid $250 for a She-Hulk #1 9.8, $124.50 for a Swamp Thing #37 9.6 and $44.95 for a Swamp Thing v. 2 #1 9.6! Doesn't look like a speculator to me...more like a fool easily parted with his money.

Maybe they're a collector , who really doesn't mind spending a few bucks on books they desire.

Who are you to call them a "fool"?

Maybe they're a collector , who really doesn't mind spending a few bucks on books they desire.

That's like if I went to the supermarket and offered $25 for a bag of Doritos just because I like Doritos. Why pay stupid money if you don't have to? Funny how Swamp Thing v. 2 #1 CGC 9.6 has repeatedly failed to find buyers at $24.95 or less until this guy came along...

And $250 for a She-Hulk #1 CGC 9.8? That's just goofy 893censored-thumb.gif.

That's like if I went to the supermarket and offered $25 for a bag of Doritos just because I like Doritos. Why pay stupid money if you don't have to? Funny how Swamp Thing v. 2 #1 CGC 9.6 has repeatedly failed to find buyers at $24.95 or less until this guy came along...

Or paying large sums of money for GI Joe artwork? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or $750 for a CGC 9.8 Astonishing Tales 25? confused.gif

or $400+ for a DC 100 pager

or $400+ for a DC 100 pager

Or guide for a raw VF/NM Astonishing Tales 25! smirk.gif