• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #300

17 posts in this topic

First things first Welcome to the Boards. :applause:

The holes on the bottom of your book are production related caused by the paper press making the pages,and will not affect the grade of the book.Now with that said your book looks great,but it's just too hard to give you a grade looking at your book in the video.Please if you can scan the book front and back,it would be the best way.Thank you

Dave

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm going to try to set-up the scanner now.

Do you think the green marker on the top of the pages will hurt the grade a lot?

It shows it in the video at 2:06.

Alright Here are some pics. Couldn't get my scanner to work.

DanasCamera099.jpg

DanasCamera100.jpg

DanasCamera101.jpg

DanasCamera102.jpg

DanasCamera103-1.jpg

Hope that worked.

My bad, I thought pictures would be a good plan B. Apparently not though. Let me try to get my scanner to work. Sorry for the hassel. My scanner is hooked up to my printer. When I try to use the scanner it says its not connected to the computer, but my printer prints fine.

Hope I can figure it out. Thanks for insight though.

Sc

Update:

Thank you guys for doing your best to grade it without scans. Im determined to get this scanner to work for future books.

Is there a forum explaining how to go about CGC? I know about their website, but how to ship it to them etc.

Thanks again guys. It's true I'm a NOOB. I'll do my best to correct that eventually.

Sc

9.0/9.2, I would keep the book raw, but I would definitely put it in a 2mm mylar with a a fullback and maybe slide that into an 4mm archive sleeve for added protection.

As for handling, I try not to open my more valuable books over $5 more than 90 degree to avoid spine stress. See example below.

002.jpg

You were handling it pretty rough. Make sure you support the whole book while handling it, (not picking it up with one hand.) and make sure you keep the pages somewhat closed (as what BurnallMAbks stated). It puts stress on the spine when you open the book all the way or lay it completely flat with the pages open. If youre wanting to get it graded, im sure you want to keep it at the highest grade possible, so some of these tips will help you to keep the book in NM. I have a graded copy thats a lil nicer than yours (i believe i saw a slightly rolled spine, a small ding on the FC, and some minor wear in the URFC area that mine did not have) and mine was graded at a 9.2 so i'll say 8.5-9.0

And Welcome to the Boards!!! Hopefully you enjoy your time here.