• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been 50 YEARS show us your books from 1962

446 posts in this topic

BB44.jpg

Damn, I Love that cover!!!

Had RedHook blow up a copy of my OO book and then had it signed by Joe Kubert in NYC some years ago. Brad also mounted and framed it for me.

We also did the same thing to Mystery In Space # 90 by Infantino... :cloud9:

I paid with some of my nicest Mystery In Space books...

I haven't gone thru the whole thread yet, and I'm pretty sure these are both covered already, but they are special since I bought both of them on the same day in June 1962 at Sid's Luncheonette in Orange, NJ.

The AF 15 is gone for years now but the JIM 83 remains with me...

JIM89004.jpg

amazingfantasy003.jpg

Harry, long time no post. Hope everything is going well.

And beautiful comics! That was a heck of a day you had at Sid's. It's incredible to realize those two iconic comic characters were introduced the same month.

And beautiful comics! That was a heck of a day you had at Sid's. It's incredible to realize those two iconic comic characters were introduced the same month.

Likewise Harry! (thumbs u I think that was the first AF 15 posted :headbang: ...too obvious! lol

( :gossip: btw...just picked up my second Sid's Luncheonette FF 19 (thx drummy!) to go along with my FF 21 (both 9.0 old label)... :cloud9:

Hi Bob!!

I'm slowly getting reacclimated...

It's funny but I can distinctly remember that period right after the FF debuted. It seemed like every few months something new was coming out of Marvel. Just the month before these two books hit, Marvel reintroduced the Sub Mariner and introduced the Hulk.

I didn't like them all and missed out on the first 5-10 issues of TOS and TTA with Iron Man and Ant Man, before the writing and artwork stated to pick up.

Heady times for a comic collector... :cloud9: