• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally... A Memorable Gaimen/Kieth/Dringenberg Sandman Page

29 posts in this topic

I remember when the original owner surfaced with this page a few years back.

Congrats on the pick up, the Kieth pages don't become available often. Am I going to regret giving you those trades?? You are done with Sandman now, right?? :grin:

Congrats, Hari. This one is bittersweet. I had struck a trade/cash deal for this page and was in the process of paying for it when the owner decided he liked your offer better. My money was refunded, but it still stings.

Sorry! Didn't know another deal was far along.

I remember when the original owner surfaced with this page a few years back.

Congrats on the pick up, the Kieth pages don't become available often. Am I going to regret giving you those trades?? You are done with Sandman now, right?? :grin:

Yes, my friend. This is exactly the type of page I wanted.

Who was the seller? That's a total scumbag thing to do. If you had a deal, then he's not permitted to just unilaterally cancel it because he got a better deal.

PMed you, tth2.

Can you let me know too?

One to avoid, as you don't back out on a done deal, especially once money has been paid. (tsk)

Congrats to Hari! And condolences to Darren. It's a sweet page.

This page actually surfaced right here on this forum a few years ago:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2459983&fpart=1

As I understand it, Keith destroyed his share of art from the five issues that he did. If true, that makes these all the rarer.

Still, I had no idea these pages were THAT valuable. There's a nice one coming up in Heritage...will be interesting to see what that one goes for.

Congrats to Hari! And condolences to Darren. It's a sweet page.

This page actually surfaced right here on this forum a few years ago:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2459983&fpart=1

As I understand it, Keith destroyed his share of art from the five issues that he did. If true, that makes these all the rarer.

Still, I had no idea these pages were THAT valuable. There's a nice one coming up in Heritage...will be interesting to see what that one goes for.

Thanks Felix,

Didn't know that about Kieth's share, but makes sense as he hated his art on the series. As for this page being shown on the boards 4 years ago, I totally forgot!! Value definitely went up since then, but this early art has always been high, especially when good images of Sandman are on it.

Hari