• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your ACG collecting efforts here!

96 posts in this topic

For a second there I thought this was Rip Hunters time sphere. :o

A scientist becomes annoyed by today's turbulent times (riding in the NY subway system). He invents a time machine to find greener pastures, visits both the past and future, eventually finding the present is not so bad after all. hm

FORB_WRLD_143.jpg

ForbiddenWorlds.jpg I purchased this book at an LCS, Passport Comics, in North Hollywood, Calif. for just $35.00. I never heard of the title or the company, but the book had beautiful colors, full ink reflectivity and bone-white pages. An old collecting buddy of mine, an LAPD officer told me he thought it was the White Mountain copy, but he wasn't certain. BTW, the owner of Passport unfortuately passed away a few years ago. The store has been closed for over a decade. I used to go in there frequently to talk comics with the owner, his wife and other collectors. Anybody on these boards familiar with Passport on Victory Blvd in North Hollywood?

Steve, yes I was a regular at the Passport Comics shop back in the day. It was run by Earl and his wife Dee. Sadly, the last I saw of Earl was at the Shrine Show in Los Angeles some years ago, he didn't look well at all, and his sale stock was just awful. He did pass away, but according to another Boardie I recently chatted with, Dee is still around (NFI).

Earl was very astute at marketing. He used to peg books (in bags) to his cork board wall so you were flooded with these great comics (EC's, ACG's, DC's, etc.) when first walking into the store. He also would publish a newsletter which would mention customers by name when they had made a notable purchase.

Those were the days...

These "Adventures Into the Unknown" covers are great - and I don't think I've seen them before.

Very evocative, rather than "in your face" horrific, which is kind of odd given the pre-code company they were keeping.

Thanks for posting. (thumbs u <---the good one

Vancouver copy (bone white pages) - traded it away some years ago when I bought a nice VF from blazingbob:

100_0937-1.jpg

Diamond Run (white pages, too)

100_0936-1.jpg

Totally awesome! Unbelievable how fresh those black covers look!

:applause:

Those are fabulous copies!

(thumbs u

I need to add more Nemesis comics to my collection. Here is a scan of my only one:

15-11-201175012PM.jpg

:)

Excellent copy. :applause: Likewise for me, I plan to add a few more Nemesis issues, as there are only 16 or so in the title.