• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your ACG collecting efforts here!

96 posts in this topic

I got these with the DC collection from MI. Wonder what the value is... hm

Well, from a distance they look QUITE lovely and I would imagine are pretty scarce in HG.

My friends around the corner (The O'brien brothers) used to want all my ACG books in trades back in the mid 60's... (shrug)

Here's a scan of a not often seen ACG title from the fifties:

CommanderBattle6.jpg

:popcorn:

Fantastic book & a tough one to locate in HG. :cloud9: Do you have #1? I have had that book on my want list for a while now.

No. Sadly that's the only issue I have currently.

(shrug)

One way to do this, if you want an alternative to the old fashioned way of checking each book in the OPG. Setup an account with Nostomania, it's free. The site calculates values based on sales observed in E-Bay. There are a few known issues, however. :o

Space War (1959-1979) Collection value: $231.70

Issue List Quantity Value

26 VG 1 $7.70 Sell Delete

28 VF- 1 $224.00 Sell Delete

Issue 28 of Space war is not worth $224.

Space War is a Charlton title though.

???

CommanderBattle6.jpg

Fantastic book & a tough one to locate in HG. :cloud9: Do you have #1? I have had that book on my want list for a while now.

No. Sadly that's the only issue I have currently.

(shrug)

Hepcat,is this scene in any way explained within the comic?

It's a submarine - got water pouring through a fissure, so it must be underwater, right?

Then what is displayed on the "periscope"? A space scene? It's a really long periscope? (shrug)

Now, I don't have a lot of Herbies (or ACGs for that matter) but I will pick them up when the planets align, if you know what I mean.

Have a couple loaded in 'Bucket, so:

Herbie12536x770.jpg

This one has a date stamp of July 23 1965. I had quite the debate with Red Hook as I desperately pleaded my case that it was a heretofore undiscovered Green River.

He'd have none of it and I reluctantly conceded its non-ped status. :cry:

The real interesting bit about this book is the letters page. The editor had run a competition seeking ideas for future Herbie adventures.

Some fellow from Flushing called Marv Wolfman came second. lol

hm Wonder whatever became of him?

Herbie12MW512x771.jpg

Another Herbie I happened to have loaded:

Herbie16523x773.jpg

Here are my Forbidden Worlds

100_3306.jpg

This one is my favorite cover. The colors on this copy are super bright too. Picture doesnt do it justice.

100_3307.jpg

100_3308.jpg

100_3309.jpg

100_3310.jpg

100_3311.jpg

100_3312.jpg

Forbidden Worlds is a great title. I enjoy looking at your copies. I especially like the stories in the pre-code issues.They deserve more attention from collectors.

ForbiddenWorlds.jpg I purchased this book at an LCS, Passport Comics, in North Hollywood, Calif. for just $35.00. I never heard of the title or the company, but the book had beautiful colors, full ink reflectivity and bone-white pages. An old collecting buddy of mine, an LAPD officer told me he thought it was the White Mountain copy, but he wasn't certain. BTW, the owner of Passport unfortuately passed away a few years ago. The store has been closed for over a decade. I used to go in there frequently to talk comics with the owner, his wife and other collectors. Anybody on these boards familiar with Passport on Victory Blvd in North Hollywood?

BTW the book is cover dated Jan. 1953 and there is a date stamp on the first page, Oct. 31, 1952.

I reread the first story. Boy, I love those pre-code issues!

CommanderBattle6.jpg

Beautiful copy of #6! :applause:

Forbidden Worlds is a great title. I enjoy looking at your copies. I especially like the stories in the pre-code issues.They deserve more attention from collectors.

Yes they do, but not till after I have bought them all because this is one of the horror titles that I can afford. Haha

One way to do this, if you want an alternative to the old fashioned way of checking each book in the OPG. Setup an account with Nostomania, it's free. The site calculates values based on sales observed in E-Bay. There are a few known issues, however. :o

Space War (1959-1979) Collection value: $231.70

Issue List Quantity Value

26 VG 1 $7.70 Sell Delete

28 VF- 1 $224.00 Sell Delete

Issue 28 of Space war is not worth $224.

Space War is a Charlton title though.

???

Yes I realized that. I was just using Space War as an example of the occasional problems on the Nostomania site. For the most part their reported values are in line with sales seen on E-bay.

CommanderBattle6.jpg

Hepcat,is this scene in any way explained within the comic?

It's a submarine - got water pouring through a fissure, so it must be underwater, right?

Then what is displayed on the "periscope"? A space scene? It's a really long periscope? (shrug)

The cover scene doesn't actually occur in the story. The hull of the sub is never breached.

The globes displayed through the periscope though are indeed the airborne vehicles used by the Anarcs, who harken from beneath the Anarctic icecap, in their sudden quest for world domination.

;)