• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a pressing service that....

57 posts in this topic

Doesn't CGC need to recieve the book still sealed in the slab to keep the SS designation?

I don't know much about the SS books, but I'd be in agreement with that. I think once you get a SS back in it's grade, that's it. That's the grade.

Not allways

I once had an ASM book that had two sigs graded at 9.6

I added three more and it came back at 9.8

Can crack yellow slabs and resubmit to maintain the SS? I have two recent SS subs that came back with a grade drop.

Matt at Classics Incorporated can.

Yes, but they're all funny looking.

You're funny looking.

Doesn't CGC need to recieve the book still sealed in the slab to keep the SS designation?

I don't know much about the SS books, but I'd be in agreement with that. I think once you get a SS back in it's grade, that's it. That's the grade.

I absolutely love this sentence structure. I see it so often on the CGC Boards.

Well, we can't all be blessed with ingrained comic book collecting awareness, can we?

Well, we can't all be blessed with ingrained comic book collecting awareness, can we?

It wasn't a poke at you.

Read enough posts and you will see the emergence of the trend where people post statements such as:

I haven't read the whole thread, but...

or

I've never done that, but

It all goes back to my theory that there is a lot of misinformation in Comics General.

Why would this be any different than a pedigree book that I had work done on and it too maintained the pedigree when sent back to CGC (with the original label).

I think the label sent with the book, from a reputable provider, would ensure the SS designation remained intact.

Why would this be any different than a pedigree book that I had work done on and it too maintained the pedigree when sent back to CGC (with the original label).

I think the label sent with the book, from a reputable provider, would ensure the SS designation remained intact.

Just to be clear, though, it is different. There are plenty of very reputable people who cannot crack a yellow label and have it retain its certification. Only those that have contract authorized witness status that includes cracking yellow label books can do it.

Seems logical to me, unless Joey is pressing the book at a convention, and CGC is witnessing him crack the slab, perform the press job, and resub.

I deliver the books in person Jeff. I don't mail them in.

Oh, I knew that. I just didn't know that you're a CGC authorized SS witness. :hi:

It wasn't a poke at you.

Read enough posts and you will see the emergence of the trend where people post statements such as:

or

It all goes back to my theory that there is a lot of misinformation in Comics General.

Ahh, gotcha. Well, Fingh did clue me into some good information that I now know. I would say that the nature of the board (regardless of topic) is constantly repeating information. Which is where the art of smartassery comes in, IMHO.

I was on the Iron Maiden messageboard for years. Do you know how many times a thread showed up titled: 'Who's better: Blaze or Bruce?'. That was so common, after a few months you'd be sick of it - I'm sure people like youself who have been here for years are tired of the repeat stuff. But, there's no stopping it.

Be thankful it's not 'How do I get Stan Lee to sign my book?'

Be thankful it's not 'How do I get Stan Lee to sign my book?'

How do you do it?

I don't know much about the SS books, but I think you hire a CGC representative to come with you to visit him at his house, he signs it in front of you and the rep, then you go back to CGC, and they grade it while you wait in the lobby.

I think I heard someone say they comp you a lunch just for sitting there, too. It's just a baloney sandwich, but hey - better than nothing!

Who's better: Blaze or Bruce?

And the consensus is..? hm

Blaze? Blaze? I must be further out of the loop than I thought. After DiAnno Maiden pooped the bed. I tried to keep liking them, saw them 3 - 4 times with Dickinson and finally gave up.

Blaze? Blaze? I must be further out of the loop than I thought. After DiAnno Maiden pooped the bed. I tried to keep liking them, saw them 3 - 4 times with Dickinson and finally gave up.

Blaze came along in the mid 90's for a few years, but no one cared.

:eek::eek::eek:

Blaze was the guy who replaced Bruce in the 90's and Bruce came back to the band in 2000. Blaze's style didn't go over well at the time, but his work really wasn't that bad in retrospect. I like the albums he was on way more now than I did back then. (I'm rockin' em now as a matter of fact)

You are a true old school fan if you didn't convert to Bruce. (worship) I was indoctrinated in 1984, so I'm a Bruce fan, but there's no denying that Paul put them on the map.

Just to be clear, though, it is different. There are plenty of very reputable people who cannot crack a yellow label and have it retain its certification. Only those that have contract authorized witness status that includes cracking yellow label books can do it.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the distinction :headbang:

It wasn't a poke at you.

or

Ahh, gotcha. Well, Fingh did clue me into some good information that I now know. I would say that the nature of the board (regardless of topic) is constantly repeating information. Which is where the art of smartassery comes in, IMHO.

Yep. Lots of constantly repeated topics over the years. New posters bring in some of the old topics.

Some of the topics do eventually die down. We used to have a near daily "Hulk 181" thread. Now, mercifully, it's basically confined to the "Hulk 181 Club".

That is the grade, no question about that. But there are a couple of people who have contracts with CGC to press yellow label books, maintain the applicable chain of custody, and get them back to CGC to be regraded and reslabbed.

Huh, that's news to me. Sounds like complete bullshit that a Presser is allowed to do that, but then again, the depth of CGC's greed shouldn't surprise me anymore.

That is the grade, no question about that. But there are a couple of people who have contracts with CGC to press yellow label books, maintain the applicable chain of custody, and get them back to CGC to be regraded and reslabbed.

Huh, that's news to me. Sounds like complete bullshit that a Presser is allowed to do that, but then again, the depth of CGC's greed shouldn't surprise me anymore.

I just love the smell of agenda in the morning. It smells almost exactly like wildly_fanciful_statement. :whee:

Can crack yellow slabs and resubmit to maintain the SS? I have two recent SS subs that came back with a grade drop.

Matt at Classics Incorporated can.

Yes, but they're all funny looking.

We can blame CGC for that, I would have gone with black for the SS labels :insane: