• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CINCINNATI COMIC EXPO - SEPTEMBER 22 & 23

302 posts in this topic

Wow, shows you how out of the loop I am. Haven't been to a con in 20+ years now and frankly, had never heard of this one. The locale is about 20 minutes from my home. I suppose I have no excuse not to go.

1 question though:

What are your thoughts on the past years amount/quality of golden age? That's probably the main reason I would go.

Wow, shows you how out of the loop I am. Haven't been to a con in 20+ years now and frankly, had never heard of this one. The locale is about 20 minutes from my home. I suppose I have no excuse not to go.

1 question though:

What are your thoughts on the past years amount/quality of golden age? That's probably the main reason I would go.

The past 2 years our postcards and posters have been in every comic book store and in many other businesses. Last week we hung up 67 posters in Blue Ash alone and we have a goal to hang up 500 by mid August. Next month our billboards are going up around Cincinnati and we will have commercials airing on Channel 64 2 weeks before the show. I'm kinda shocked you haven't heard of the show. Not trying to be mean, just saying.

Right now we have 29 comic dealers attending. Hopefully, you'll be able to find something to buy.

The past 2 years our postcards and posters have been in every comic book store and in many other businesses. Last week we hung up 67 posters in Blue Ash alone and we have a goal to hang up 500 by mid August. Next month our billboards are going up around Cincinnati and we will have commercials airing on Channel 64 2 weeks before the show. I'm kinda shocked you haven't heard of the show. Not trying to be mean, just saying.

Right now we have 29 comic dealers attending. Hopefully, you'll be able to find something to buy.

Blue Ash is 5 minutes from me. I actually drove through there this afternoon b/c it has the closest Blockbuster video to me and I wanted to rent something. Anyway...

I do all my buying online, be it auction houses, boardies or with dealers I trust. I haven't set foot in a brick and mortar in years as my locals don't often carry much in the way of GA books.

Blue Ash isn't exactly a sprawling metropolis. I'm wondering where you put all the posters where I wouldn't have even stumbled upon one of them. hm

It might be nice finally break my reverse Cal Ripken streak of non attendance.

Blue Ash is 5 minutes from me. I actually drove through there this afternoon b/c it has the closest Blockbuster video to me and I wanted to rent something. Anyway...

I do all my buying online, be it auction houses, boardies or with dealers I trust. I haven't set foot in a brick and mortar in years as my locals don't often carry much in the way of GA books.

Blue Ash isn't exactly a sprawling metropolis. I'm wondering where you put all the posters where I wouldn't have even stumbled upon one of them. hm

It might be nice finally break my reverse Cal Ripken streak of non attendance.

There was definitely some GA at the show. I needed to find a Strange Tales from the 50's and I found it! A lot of Wall book gold as well.

Featured Guests added so far this week! Lots more coming!!!!!

1st APPR. IN YEARS!

P-Craig-Russell-banner.jpg

Steve-Englehart-banner2.jpg

Katie-Cook-banner2.jpg

7607186032_699fd8d18f_o.jpg

UPDATED GUEST LIST

1ST EVER SWAMP THING REUNION

Stephen R. Bissette

John Totleben

Thomas Yeates

Rick Veitch

FEATURED GUESTS

David Aikins

Robert Atkins

Darryl Banks

Stephanie Buscema

Katie Cook

Dave Dorman

Stephen Englehart

Renato Guedes

Mark Kidwell

Tony Moore

George Perez

Whilce Portacio

Sara Richard

Mike Royer

P. Craig Russell

Luke Smarto

Billy Tackett

Thom Zahler

We are thrilled to add

Geof Darrow

Geof-Darrow-banner2.jpg

Allen Bellman

Allen-Bellman-Banner2b.jpg

UPDATED GUEST LIST

Stephen R. Bissette

John Totleben

Thomas Yeates

Rick Veitch

FEATURED GUESTS

David Aikins

Robert Atkins

Darryl Banks

Allen Bellman

Stephanie Buscema

Katie Cook

Geof Darrow

Dave Dorman

Stephen Englehart

Renato Guedes

Mark Kidwell

Tony Moore

George Perez

Whilce Portacio

Sara Richard

Mike Royer

P. Craig Russell

Luke Smarto

Billy Tackett

Thom Zahler

How about an updated list of all the awesome Featured Comic Creators attending this year! We still have a few more to announce so keep checking back! This is going to be an amazing event.

Stephen R. Bissette

John Totleben

Thomas Yeates

Rick Veitch

FEATURED GUESTS

George Perez

Eric Adams

David Aikins

Robert Atkins

Darryl Banks

Allen Bellman

Andy Bennett

Stephanie Buscema

Katie Cook

Geof Darrow

Dave Dorman

Stephen Englehart

Renato Guedes

Georges Jeanty

Mark Kidwell

Josh Medors

Tony Moore

Whilce Portacio

Sara Richard

Mike Royer

P. Craig Russell

Luke Smarto

Billy Tackett

Thom Zahler

CEO Sean O’Reilly is bringing Arcana Publishing

Stephen R. Bissette

John Totleben

Thomas Yeates

Rick Veitch

I can find several books that three of these guys worked on together, but outside of trades, did these four dudes work on any single issue of Saga together?

All 4? Not sure. If you find it let me know.