• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CINCINNATI COMIC EXPO - SEPTEMBER 22 & 23

302 posts in this topic

Stephen R. Bissette

John Totleben

Thomas Yeates

Rick Veitch

I can find several books that three of these guys worked on together, but outside of trades, did these four dudes work on any single issue of Saga together?

Swamp Thing 64

We need to pull together a forum dinner/bender...

Last year we ate at: http://www.boinabraza.com/

Price range would be $32 - $45 per person.

It has a nice big private room that sits 20 or more. It is also only 2 blocks away.

It is also Oktoberfest weekend. Largest in America with over half a million attending. It takes place 2 blocks from the convention center. The city closes 5 city blocks for the event. It goes from noon to midnight on Saturday and Sunday.

Board members I know attending:

theDude

GACollectibles

seanFingh

Rich Henn

potatojoe

brendanb438

mschmidt

pirate

unmovedmover

Stephen R. Bissette

John Totleben

Thomas Yeates

Rick Veitch

I can find several books that three of these guys worked on together, but outside of trades, did these four dudes work on any single issue of Saga together?

Swamp Thing 64

:applause:

It has a nice big private room that sits 20 or more. It is also only 2 blocks away.

It is also Oktoberfest weekend. Largest in America with over half a million attending. It takes place 2 blocks from the convention center. The city closes 5 city blocks for the event. It goes from noon to midnight on Saturday and Sunday.

theDude

GACollectibles

seanFingh

Rich Henn

potatojoe

brendanb438

mschmidt

pirate

unmovedmover

Pending something catastrophic I'm in for Friday or Saturday night! I'd love to meet some of these guys...

theDude

GACollectibles

seanFingh

Rich Henn

potatojoe

brendanb438

mschmidt

pirate

unmovedmover

I am up for a forum / boardie dinner. More likely to do something like this on Friday or Saturday night?

In case someone wants to put together a forum diner.

List of Board members attending:

AGGIEZ

brendanb438

chunkybutt

Dale Roberts

GACollectibles

Jimmy Linguiniii

Leroy Harper

mschmidt

pirate

potatojoe

reptilekingdie

Rich Henn

seanFingh

theDude

unmovedmover

In case someone wants to put together a forum diner.

List of Board members attending:

theDude

GACollectibles

seanFingh

Rich Henn

potatojoe

brendanb438

mschmidt

pirate

unmovedmover

AGGIEZ

if it's on the Saturday night, me and my girl are all in, can't do it on the Friday night (21st) cuz, we got tickets to see Journey at Riverbend that night.

look forward to meeting some boardies.

CCE-SwampThing-Artists-4.jpg

[font:Arial Black]The Cincinnati Comic Expo is thrilled to announce that four legendary Swamp Thing artists—Tom Yeates, Rick Veitch, John Totleben, and Stephen R. Bissette—will appear, together for the first time, as the Expo’s 2012 Guests of Honor. [/font]

June 13, 2012

The Director of the Cincinnati Comic Expo, Andrew Satterfield, said, “I am always looking for opportunities for our fans to meet extraordinary creators. The chance to meet even one of these hugely talented gentlemen is an extremely rare treat. All four in one room is like winning the lottery.”

Long-time collaborators Yeates, Veitch, Totleben, and Bissette were part of the 1980s team (along with writer Alan Moore) chosen by DC Comics to revive the comic series, Swamp Thing. Bringing them together as Guests of Honor at the Cincinnati Comics Expo is a reunion of epic proportions—a once in a lifetime opportunity for fans to meet these award-winning artists at the same time.

Their spectacular run on Swamp Thing is historic for several reasons. One, their 1980s run of Saga of the Swamp Thing was the first mainstream comic to write directly for adults. Another history making moment occurred with issue 37, published in 1985, when the well-known character of John Constantine made his first appearance, drawn by Rick Veitch and John Totleben.

The collaborative creativity of Yeates, Veitch, Totleben, and Bissette was so close that they often worked on the same issue of the comic, with one creating the cover art, another doing the pencil work and another the inking. At times, on every other issue, they would swap duties and this really made the comic a group effort.

All 4 will be available to meet fans and sign books at the show. The Cincinnati Comic Expo will also host a panel with all of them on stage to have a collective gathering and discussion on their work and Swamp Thing. More details will come out about that before the show.

Tom Yeates

Tom Yeates has previous work on Prince Valiant and Zorro. Most recently, he also completed work on John Carter of Mars. He has not attended a Midwest convention in over a decade. The Tom Yeates official website is: http://www.thomasyeates.com/

Rick Veitch

Rick Veitch has done some work on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and on the re-launch of Aquaman. The Cincinnati Comic Expo is Rick’s first convention appearance in the United States in 10 years. Rick’s website is: http://www.rickveitch.com/

John Totleben

John Totleben is a multi-Kirby Award winner. He was also awarded the Inkpot Award. John also worked on the comic Miracleman and Taboo, which originally published From Hell. John is attending his first major show in nearly 10 years.

Stephen R. Bissette

Stephen R. Bissette is also a multi-Kirby Award winner. Stephen is currently best known for his horror work. He was also a member of the first graduating class from the Kubert School along with Yeates and Veitch. Stephen has not appeared at a convention is 15 years. More on Bissette can be found at: http://srbissette.com/

The 2012 Cincinnati Comic Expo will be held from Friday, September 21, through Sunday, September 23, at the Duke Energy Convention Center. Tickets vary in price and can be purchased online. More information on events and other artists attending the show can be found at www.cincinnaticomicexpo.com.

Swamp-Thing-37.jpg

STComicsJnlcvr-767720.jpg

Bernie Wrightson and Len Wein, pleeaaassse.

Any idea how much

T. Moore signings will be? Or Perez for that matter!

In the past Tony has charged $5 per sig if for CGC. Non CGC is no charge. For George, he's always accepting money for the Heroes Initiative, so would be nice to throw him a buck or two for a sig. I don't think he charges outright for sigs.

Hi all,

Last week we announced the following:

Featured Guests

Mike Norton - 2012 Eisner award winner

Andy Price - Artist for IDW's new comic series- My Little Pony, " Friendship is Magic"

Attending Creators

Paul McCall

Alexis Ziritt

Markus Vernon

Patric Lewandowski

Michael Champion

Mason Easley

Media Guest

Jason David Frank - Original Green Power Ranger

Vendors

Arcade Legacy - Setting up an old school arcade all set to free play

List of Board members attending in case someone wanted to organize a forum dinner.

AGGIEZ

brendanb438

chunkybutt

Dale Roberts

Derbyfan70

GACollectibles

Jimmy Linguiniii

LhComics

mschmidt

pirate

potatojoe

reptilekingdie