• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graders wanted! Hulk #181

31 posts in this topic

Looks killer - maybe 9.2 or better, but it's kind of pointless to guess without seeing all four edges. Do you still have the book so you can re-scan?

Cheers,

-Jim

Can you post a scan that doesn't crop the left and top edge?

Looks like a sweet copy....but I need to see the URC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like he went to the C-Keys school of comic scanning.

Same principles on both. gossip.gif

Looks killer - maybe 9.2 or better, but it's kind of pointless to guess without seeing all four edges. Do you still have the book so you can re-scan?

Cheers,

-Jim

What do you see in the scan that would knock it down to a 9.2?

confused.gif

That's what I was thinking. Assuming no "hidden damage" that book looks better than 9.4's I've seen and on par with recent 9.6's.

That's what I was thinking. Assuming no "hidden damage" that book looks better than 9.4's I've seen and on par with recent 9.6's.

Agreed. From what I see.....it's a 9.6. thumbsup2.gif

Cheers,

-Jim

Unfortunately not . . .

According to the scan Im calling it a 9.4 You sold it raw as I recall!

Davidking623

Right you are DK, I sold it raw in 6/2002 for $1850, the first book I sold on eBay. I had just got hosed by CGC on my Avengers #4 and I was reluctant to send them anything else. Bids came from worldwide, yet the winner ended up being in the next town over. I met him at the bank and he paid me cash. He didn't even want to touch the book -- all I had to do was unsheath it, open it to the MVS page to confirm it was intact, and put it back in the Mylar for him.

Since I only paid $.25 for it, I thought I was way ahead of the game -- redid my daughter's bedroom with the coin. In retrospect it was a big mistake tonofbricks.gif, as I think it may have gotten a 9.8. He still owns it, and hasn't gotten it graded - he's a righteous collector. I keep buggin' him to send it in . . . The page quality is unbelieveable.

My second copy was the 8.5 White pages, no MVS that you bought.

cheers,

Sorry about the margins, It was the first book I ever scanned!

Oops! sorry.gif I didn't notice the above comment before.

Beyonder,

I think the rookie scan helps authenticate the story. . .

Can you post a scan that doesn't crop the left and top edge?

Looks like a sweet copy....but I need to see the URC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like he went to the C-Keys school of comic scanning.

Same principles on both. gossip.gif

blow me dice.

Agreed. From what I see.....it's a 9.6. thumbsup2.gif

No hidden damage at all - for what it's worth, you can extrapolate the hidden corners from the opposite corners which are visible.

I also privately sold the #180, for $122, which was NM book at the time to TexasGolfer (eBay ID) When he got it he immediately sent it in, CGC gave it a 9.4 White (which I believe was low) and he flipped it for $800! Live and learn. . . foreheadslap.gif

Cheers,

-Jim

confused.gif

There are NO defects, I just didn't know any better. . .at the time, that a Bronze Age book could be that valuable! Even when I collected them, I never considered this book would amount to anything (even though I bought two of them -- but I was buying multiples of evrything at the time, one to read and one to store.)