• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 100 CGC 9.4 from Sparkle City

74 posts in this topic

Did a little research and yeah the Action # 100 which sold for $7,000 and $12,600 where both on Ebay and it looks like there were some shill bids involved. I do not know how to add links to the topic here but it was discuessed here on the boards last year.

With a no reserve auction that Sparkle City has its better to take your best shot at the last second since you don't know what the competition is going to bid. You might be surprised! So far with Sparkle City auctions I have been surprised at how high the bids have gotten at least on the Golden Age books.

With a no reserve auction that Sparkle City has its better to take your best shot at the last second since you don't know what the competition is going to bid. You might be surprised! So far with Sparkle City auctions I have been surprised at how high the bids have gotten at least on the Golden Age books.
I am a loser and a racist. I also have a small .)

You can always call CGC and ask about the Detective #100 and they will tell you if there is any foxing. I think they should always put something like that on the label but they don't.

I called CGC earlier today and there is svery light foxing. I cant imagine it canbe much if they gave the Tec # 100 a 9.4. Would be interesting to know where Sparkel City is getting all this inventory from. They are getting amazing books week after week.

Sparkle just sold a Batman # 171, CGC 9.6 Highest graded for $6,500 I think yesterday. There is the Twin City copy in that grade which sold for almost twice as much last year. Thats why you never know what will happen in a No Reserve Ebay auction I guess.

I sold my Batman 171 9.6 for $7k on CLink a few months ago, so the $14k was pretty out of line I think. The Twin Cities was the lone highest graded copy at the time and probably drew a bidding frenzy because of it.