• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 100 CGC 9.4 from Sparkle City

74 posts in this topic

Sparkle just sold a Batman # 171, CGC 9.6 Highest graded for $6,500 I think yesterday. There is the Twin City copy in that grade which sold for almost twice as much last year. Thats why you never know what will happen in a No Reserve Ebay auction I guess.

I sold my Batman 171 9.6 for $7k on CLink a few months ago, so the $14k was pretty out of line I think. The Twin Cities was the lone highest graded copy at the time and probably drew a bidding frenzy because of it.

Nah, it's because people just don't like you.

Sparkle just sold a Batman # 171, CGC 9.6 Highest graded for $6,500 I think yesterday. There is the Twin City copy in that grade which sold for almost twice as much last year. Thats why you never know what will happen in a No Reserve Ebay auction I guess.

I sold my Batman 171 9.6 for $7k on CLink a few months ago, so the $14k was pretty out of line I think. The Twin Cities was the lone highest graded copy at the time and probably drew a bidding frenzy because of it.

I always find that it's best to stay away from named collections which are being released initally through a major auction site amid great fanfare and hype.

It's usually better for your pocketbook to wait 6 months or a year and buy an equivalent or the exact same copy for half the price. hm

I think it depends. Batman # 171 when sold was the single highest graded. The copy that sold last week I guess was graded later and now you know there are two copies out there instead of one so buyers will pay less. If a third one pops up you can find it even cheaper.

Nah, it's because people just don't like you.

I know, that's why I had in on ComicLink in the first place. :tonofbricks:

Do you think the bidding on this book will be less because of the Super Bowl this weekend and many people will not pay attention and books will be cheaper????(shrug)

Dream on. This is a boring SB. I live in the Midwest and most I talk to here could really care less. Two East coast teams and one from New York. Boring......

I wish you were correct but I doubt it.

Do you think the bidding on this book will be less because of the Super Bowl this weekend and many people will not pay attention and books will be cheaper????(shrug)

Dream on. This is a boring SB. I live in the Midwest and most I talk to here could really care less. Two East coast teams and one from New York. Boring......

I wish you were correct but I doubt it.

+1

Plus sniping software makes it easy to participate.

Who knows? If I was choosing an ending date for my auction I sure wouldn't end it the same day as the Superbowl! I will be enjoying the game and I can also keep an eye on any Sparkle City books that I am interested in. :)