• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 100 CGC 9.4 from Sparkle City

74 posts in this topic

Thanks for your time in helping me out here. I usually do not bid on Ebay, but these guys have some really nice books up this week. Book right now is at $500 I think. There is still awhile to go but does that mean that maybe it wont go as high? The other Joker Detective covers look pretty tempting too.

9.2 on this book is $1950 so I think it'll go for $4000 tops. It could go for less because it doesn't have much of a cover for it being the 100th issue of DC's flagship comic!

I know it is not the same title and you probably can not compare, but an Action Comics # 100 is worth a little less in the price guide. There are two sales as per GPA for a 9.2 that went crazy, one for $7000 and another for $11,000 and that is not even highest graded. That is why I thought this book could go that high and if it did it would be out of my league to bid on.

The Action #100 9.4 is in the CL auction so it would be cool to own both the Action !00 and the Detective 100 in CGC 9.4! You just have to put in a huge bid at the last second to be able to get the pair and hope nobody else wants them as badly!

Sparkle City books seem to go for a significant premium, hard to get a 'bargain'.

I think their auctions have attracted a lot of attention from high end collectors

so the competition is high. I collect #100 issues and plan on bidding on the Tec but I doubt it will stay in my ballpark. I think the over/under bet on this book is 10K and I'm betting on the over.

I know it is not the same title and you probably can not compare, but an Action Comics # 100 is worth a little less in the price guide. There are two sales as per GPA for a 9.2 that went crazy, one for $7000 and another for $11,000 and that is not even highest graded. That is why I thought this book could go that high and if it did it would be out of my league to bid on.

GPA is weird on that 9.2 copy. It shows it selling in January of 2010 for $2200, then just 4 months later it sells for $12,600?!

Thats the weird thing, but there were two seperate big sales. I wonder though what venue they were sold to see if they were realistic sales. $10,000 on the Tec # 100 you think so, cause that would be way out of my league.

Thats the weird thing, but there were two seperate big sales. I wonder though what venue they were sold to see if they were realistic sales. $10,000 on the Tec # 100 you think so, cause that would be way out of my league.

I wonder about the venue, too. The sales are not listed in the Heritage archive, and CL doesn't report to GPA. So, it was either Comicconnect, or a straight sale from Metro or another dealer that reports sales.

10K seems high to me, but books often go for more than I expect them to.

Sparkle just sold a Batman # 171, CGC 9.6 Highest graded for $6,500 I think yesterday. There is the Twin City copy in that grade which sold for almost twice as much last year. Thats why you never know what will happen in a No Reserve Ebay auction I guess.