• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Lady in White Journal

161 posts in this topic

Lady in White Points for SHoSL #1:

Damsel in Distress +35

White Dress + 20

Blonde +5

Running/On the run +5

House/Mansion/Castle in scene +15

Single light on in house/mansion/castle +5

Unknown/Mysterious threat +5

Mist/fog and/or Moon/moonlight +5

95 points!

All it was missing was the staircase... though the long dock from a island castle is pretty cool too!

Finally lucked into a decent Night Nurse #4 at less than crazy price:

Uw8R6up.jpg

That upper right edge ding makes me sad, but the centering (at least top to bottom) and everything else makes me so happy... and it looks like a nice white back cover.

Now Im wondering about getting Romita to sign this one... hm

The Night Nurse 4 was being advertised as a VF- (for $25)

I've been staring at the following ebay books forever

VG for $56

Fn for $86

NM- for $180

VF/NM for $136

was thrilled to see a decent looking one pop up at a decent looking price.

I missed out on a CGC 8.5 back in January mostly cause it was getting to pricey due to the shipping (it was in Canada and shipping was $22+)

Congrats

Well this may be it, I'll have to check my list but this may be the last Gothic Horror Lady in White that I needed for my core collection... (on to the peripherals and upgrades!)

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion #5 CGC 9.0

Cr-OW, and toasty on the cover and back (yellowing), but a well centered example. I guess if I had to choose between yellowing or centering I'd go with well centered (thanks OCD!)

0K2eoad.jpg

:applause:

I came sooooo close to buying this myself.

You definately get the assist for that one!

Thanks for the notify. I was on vacation over that weekend and was only barely checking things on the board... would have totally missed it (trying to buy/browse via my phone is so annoying)...

thanks man!

(thumbs u

Won a nice lot of Bronze horror slabs this weekend.

No nose bleed grades, but a nice price, and some WP ones in the lot.

The main reason I was bidding was the perfectly centered (really all of them, save the Witching Hour, are nicely presenting) House of Secrets 90, which I only had a low grade (5.0) SS copy (Adams, Buckler sigs), so now I've got a SS copy and a decent grade one... so now my lowest grade book is a 7.5 I think.

tfD95ZO.jpg

and here are the other pretties in the lot (some of which will probably go on sale once I get them in hand...) though I do love that Phantom Stranger 12 cover...

Y8Fzxp9.jpg

Won a nice lot of Bronze horror slabs this weekend.

No nose bleed grades, but a nice price, and some WP ones in the lot.

The main reason I was bidding was the perfectly centered (really all of them, save the Witching Hour, are nicely presenting) House of Secrets 90, which I only had a low grade (5.0) SS copy (Adams, Buckler sigs), so now I've got a SS copy and a decent grade one... so now my lowest grade book is a 7.5 I think.

tfD95ZO.jpg

and here are the other pretties in the lot (some of which will probably go on sale once I get them in hand...) though I do love that Phantom Stranger 12 cover...

Y8Fzxp9.jpg

All great books. :applause:

One of these days I'll convince another of the Adams collectors out there to follow my lead into foreign territory. :baiting:

HouseofSecrets90Mexico.jpg

th_PhantomStranger12Mexico_zps3a6318ed.jpgth_PhantomStranger13Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour13Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery189Mexico.jpg

[quote=lscomicsAll great books. :applause:

One of these days I'll convince another of the Adams collectors out there to follow my lead into foreign territory. :baiting:

HouseofSecrets90Mexico.jpg

th_PhantomStranger12Mexico_zps3a6318ed.jpgth_PhantomStranger13Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour13Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery189Mexico.jpg

Dont think the idea hasn't crossed my mind!

I feel obliged to warn you... it takes the Adams obsession to a whole new level. lol I started out with the idea of just going after key Batman and Detective books and it sort of spiraled out of control from there. At this juncture I find myself with over 600 foreign books (mostly Adams & Wrightson) and possibly the largest collection of foreign Adams books that exists.

OK so here's my current complete checklist of Lady In White: Gothic Horror 70s Revival.

DC

Batman #227

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #2

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #3

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #4

House of Mystery #210

House of Secrets #88

House of Secrets #88

House of Secrets #89

House of Secrets #90

House of Secrets #91

House of Secrets #94

House of Secrets #95

House of Secrets #106

Phantom Stranger #10

Phantom Stranger #22*

Phantom Stranger #26

Phantom Stranger #43*

Sinister House of Secret Love #4

Sinister House of Secret Love #5

Unexpected #127

Witching Hour #59

Wonder Woman #199

Wonder Woman #200

Marvel didnt really get the Gothic Horror bug, so they dont completely line up with the theme, but here are some Marvel, Marvel Magazine & Fiction House books that are "theme adjacent"

Marvel

Chamber of Chills #3

Night Nurse 4

Tomb of Dracula #23*

Tomb of Dracula #43*

Marvel Magazines

Monsters Unleashed #1*

Dracula Lives #3

Dracula Lives #5*

Fiction House

Ghost Comics #4*

Ghost Comics #10*

Ghost Comics #11*

(*) means I don't have these yet...

I'm not sure Phantom Stranger 23 is a LIW...

I've had Night Nurse #4 on my Lady in White list for a while.

Marvel's "Gothic Horror" is non-existent from this period. But there are a few "horror" lady in whites....

Every copy has either been way overpriced, lower grade raw or nowhere to be found. Thanks to 4GEMWORKS for selling me this one. He had the 4 issue run (all CGCed) for sale on eBay, I asked him about the posibility of breaking them up, and he was great to work with... and now I have this beauty to go with my raw copy!

aR3PW2R.jpg