• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 1 9.0????

44 posts in this topic

The person who subbed that book must of did backflips when he got that grade back.

The problem though is this. I have a few books that are over-graded by a point also. I personally didn't do any celebrating when they came back. I was actually in shock that they recieved those grades. It may seem like a nice score on your end, but what about the buyer who gets it and know's how to grade also. I don't think they're going to be too happy with the book. Just sayin.

looks like a 9.0 to me. (shrug)

eh- just barely maybe-worst case 9.0 etc etc...

Gift grades happen.

Really could use a Heritage size scan front and back.

This is why I don't want to get my Hulk 181 signed by Trimpe, which looks like an 8.5 at best imo and that's a possible drop in value of few hundred bux :[ This Avengers #1 looks to be in better condition than my Hulk 181 (barely).

I'm just speculating here, but I think the reason why it's a 9.0 is because the grades lower than 9.0 start to drop by .5 and there's a little more leniency given, but since it's a high grade those differences are more noticeable. (shrug)

Jerome

looks like a 9.0 to me. (shrug)

Pimpy, it's a beauty for sure, but even on that smallish scan it looks like three of the four corners might have a very small crease and unless these old eyes are deceiving me, there are about an even dozen spine nicks.

I know some of my old MIS's looked this good and almost all got 8.0's - just sayin... hm

It's got a low 27k serial number so maybe it slipped by in the early days

Wrong, just graded two months ago.....

Certification # 0027716004

Grade Date 11/02/2011

Title Avengers

Issue 1

Issue Date 9/63

Publisher Marvel Comics

After seeing the grade on your JIM83 and seeing this book, I was like, how is this a 9.0? Granted your book has interior unseen issues, but even if this avengers1 has no other issues on BC or inside, it had no right going out the door from CGC in that holder.