• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 242

197 posts in this topic

Drek! Richard, your copy was clearly not as loved as mine. :cloud9:

6804203899_d56a2a8af0.jpg

Now that is awesome. And I know you love it as much as a book can be loved (thumbs u

One of the worst misses I've ever had (on the boards or otherwise) is when Andy (GAcollectibles) posted thedude's Action 242 raw. Thedude snagged it, and it came back 7.0 -- a stunner and one of the nicest copies I've ever seen. I begged thedude to sell it to me, and true to his word, he offered it to me first, but I passed because I (foolishly) thought the price was a touch aggressive. He got a very nice number for it. It's a beautiful 7.0

I owned, until recently, a CGC 6.5 that I bought raw from graham crackers. I sorta wish I had it back, but I know will find another. I have owned a few copies of this book, but none better than the 6.5. It is a very tough book to find in grade, though one was auctioned by heritage recently, but had only cream pages. I don't recall it went for a "crazy" amount either.

One of the worst misses I've ever had (on the boards or otherwise) is when Andy (GAcollectibles) posted thedude's Action 242 raw. Thedude snagged it, and it came back 7.0 -- a stunner and one of the nicest copies I've ever seen. I begged thedude to sell it to me, and true to his word, he offered it to me first, but I passed because I (foolishly) thought the price was a touch aggressive. He got a very nice number for it. It's a beautiful 7.0

I owned, until recently, a CGC 6.5 that I bought raw from graham crackers. I sorta wish I had it back, but I know will find another. I have owned a few copies of this book, but none better than the 6.5. It is a very tough book to find in grade, though one was auctioned by heritage recently, but had only cream pages. I don't recall it went for a "crazy" amount either.

I do recall that incident. I was too late to get the book myself. The book was priced at a 4.5-5.0 and then it comes back a 7.0 -- ouchie!

Dummy. :slapfight:

If this book ever comes out of an OO collection and gets slabbed at 9.0 or better, I don't think it's too far fetched to see it as a $20K + book ! The lone chart topper combined with the tough purple cover will do that....

You better etch that up a notch or two.

A 9.0 could fetch 30 to 40k, possibly 50 on a 70 degree sunshiny day.

Mr. B's 8.5 on the Boards could fetch 20k.

Here is my low grade copy that I picked up in a collection many years ago and refuse to let it go. If worse comes to worse someday, I can always wipe my azz with it. :sorry:

action242001.jpg