• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM 83 9.4 sells for $222k

54 posts in this topic

boy that IS a pretty copy though. Hint of pre marvel chipping and a bit of a rubbed corner but otherwise spectacular, at least on the front cover and white pages.

Gorgeous Book, but Man that's a lot of Moolah... :insane:

only one higher in grade. i wonder how much would the 9.6 sell for? $500K? hm

Despite the fact that the books are relatively close in structure, the STATURE of the 9.6 would in all likelihood command a significant bump. I'm thinking $500k might be a bit much given how high this book went, but who knows... ???

I used to own a couple of these "Canadian Collection" J.I.M.s and they are very fresh, with intense cover inks.

Doug Sulipa told me the OO stored them in the old Robert Bell polybags. :insane:

It's hard to believe how far the Marvel keys have come in NM in the last few years, $43k to $222k in the space of 7 years is astounding. I remember Pedigree Comics had the Edenweld 9.4 copy on offer for $45k with no takers.

$222,200 seems like a strange total, I wonder if it was a foreign buyer, £140,000 perhaps ?

With the greatest respect to JIM fans (of which I'm one) but if the JIM 83 in 9.6 hits half a million, then the sky will fall. That 9.4 price is at least double what I'd expect, regardless of scarcity. Chicken Little has spoken!

Actually, if there were any Marvel key worthy of htting the $200K mark in 9.4 and the $500K mark in 9.6, it would be JIM 83. They literally never come up for sale in that grade.

Even as we've seen $100K become the minimum threshold for 9.4 copies of any of the Marvel keys, with a number of sales of the relatively common X-Men 1, TOS 39 and AF 15 in 9.4 (and 9.6), and maybe even of a FF 1 in 9.4, there have been no sales of JIM 83 in 9.4. If I were a wealthy Marvel HG completist, it would be the book, along with Hulk 1 in 9.4, that I would go all in because who knows when the next copy would come available? I could more easily justify $222K for a 9.4 JIM 83 than the recent $140K or so price for a 9.4 TOS 39.

We know that Brulato owns the WM 9.6 copy, but is there any truth to the rumor that he also owns one of the 9.4 copies? I know he won a 9.4 copy on eBay many years ago, but don't know if he held on to it or subsequently sold it.

We know that Brulato owns the WM 9.6 copy, but is there any truth to the rumor that he also owns one of the 9.4 copies? I know he won a 9.4 copy on eBay many years ago, but don't know if he held on to it or subsequently sold it.

Any idea what he paid for the 9.6 and/or when he bought it?