• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a Mistake!!

80 posts in this topic

If you receive something mistakenly in the mail, American law allows you to claim it as your own. Just sayin'.

Good gosh....would anyone actually do this?

Just because the law allows it, doesn't make it okay.

Everybody in this country wants something for free. If you didn't pay for it, or if you didn't make it, you don't own it.

some of us believe in santa and in gifts :baiting:

if you kept that, Santa would put you on the naughty list. Might send that bad elf to t'row a beating your way.....

Hey, I don't write the law. Just pointing it out. I'm also not saying I'd keep the book. It would feel icky.

If you receive something mistakenly in the mail, American law allows you to claim it as your own. Just sayin'.

Everybody in this country wants something for free. If you didn't pay for it, or if you didn't make it, you don't own it.

The American way! If you can't get it, rob someone. :baiting::grin:

I weep for the future generations.

Oh yeah, about six or seven years ago, I sent a buyer on e-bay someone else's order by accident. He refused to send them back. Started M.F. me and so on. I can't repeat the reply's but he would not send them back under any condition.

His next half dozen feedbacks on e-bay were all negative's from non-payment and non-shipment of items. He disappeared off e-bay soon after. A real credit to collecting.

The American way! If you can't get it, rob someone. :baiting::grin:

lol

But seriously...good for you in returning the book. (thumbs u

CL is indebted to you. Wonder if they had already realized the switch hm

I won the Amazing Spider-Man #32 9.2 (Old Label :cloud9: ) in January's Comic Link auction along with a few others. I recieved my Package today, and this is the Amazing Spider-Man #32 they sent me :o

Photobucket

Before anyone acusses me of anything, I already called and am sending it back (tsk)

(worship) Hope they pay for the return shipping.

I won the Amazing Spider-Man #32 9.2 (Old Label :cloud9: ) in January's Comic Link auction along with a few others. I recieved my Package today, and this is the Amazing Spider-Man #32 they sent me :o

Photobucket

Before anyone acusses me of anything, I already called and am sending it back (tsk)

Good karma, that old label will be resubbed and come back higher now. :baiting:

Funny how mistakes like sending expensive items to the wrong person, are just accepted as a "mistake".

I can understand a typo or a counting error. But sending a thousand dollar item to the wrong buyer, is just insane. Are they employees on drugs/drunk? Or just pre-occupied with texting?

Where are the people who can be counted upon to pay attention to details, in the business world? And the private sector also? "We" are at least one hundred times smarter than a chimpanzee, and I have NEVER heard of a chimpanzee mailing a package to the wrong person. :)

I had a couple incidents over the years.....

- I once got a check for 2500.00 from a dealer I had no transactions with (ever).

He was suppossed to simply mail me another customer's check but it wasn't suppossed to be made out to me. I ended up selling him some books and was able to keep the check ! Win/Win.

- At a Wizard World with CGC onsite grading I went to pick up my books and found a key OAAW book in the stack. Of course I questioned it but their paperwork had it added to my invoice. After some investigation it turns out it should have been part of a Keith Marlow submission. I wonder if he ever knew this happened ?

Good times !

Wow! GPA doesn't even show any records of an ASM 32 9.8 ever selling, ever... There are only 4 on the census!

9.6 copies are averaging about $3600! I would guess that a 9.8 would be worth around $6,000-$8,000??? While your 9.2 is worth about $382.

Wow! GPA doesn't even show any records of an ASM 32 9.8 ever selling, ever... There are only 4 on the census!

9.6 copies are averaging about $3600! I would guess that a 9.8 would be worth around $6,000-$8,000??? While your 9.2 is worth about $382.

It sold in the Jan auction for almost 10K and I only paid $500 for mine.

Thats a HUGE difference

Please oh please point out the "law" saying he has the right to keep this.

I can point out the law that says if a business sends you something that is unsoliciated then yes you can outright keep it by law, but if you are doing business with a company and they make a mistake like this it is legally not the same. Will you please help educate us on this law because I am pretty sure you are mistaken.

I'd like to see the thread started by the "9.8 buyer" who opened it and saw a 9.2.

+ 1 Now that is a reaction I would loved to have seen :devil:

Spider - Dan has always been one of the good ones in my books, and this just confirms it.