• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tried to be cheap and apparently got screwed on comicsupplies

53 posts in this topic

Two weeks is a bit soon to get antsy but the guy is a royal person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

You think so? Man, I live in Montana, and even I can get what I ordered in three-to-five business days. I'm crafting a bltch letter by day seven if I don't get my stuff.

Well I live in Canada so I'm not familar with how fast local US mail moves two weeks still is a bit soon to raise the alarm bells [for normal retailers, not ComicSupplyDouche].

sad enough, I knew exactly what and who you are talking about even before

I opened this thread...

I can only wish comic supply was out of business!

The owner "Russ" would steal the gold fillings out of his grandma's mouth

and laugh about it on the way back to his yacht.

I hate to see good folks getting taken to the cleaners again and again.

Is there an easy way to contact his locations cops and the better business burea?

Here's hoping karma will get even with money grubbing clown arse!

:sumo:

I only buy my supplies from Bill Cole. Prices may be high and shipping is crazy but I figure you get what you pay for.

Can I strongly advise you not to do this? Bill Cole & E Gerber share the same mylar patent - which means that the supplies sold by both companies are identical. Bill Cole, however, charges about twice what Gerber does.

There is no good reason not to be buying Gerber supplies - either from Gerber themselves or from Hotflips.

[Can I strongly advise you not to do this? Bill Cole & E Gerber share the same mylar patent - which means that the supplies sold by both companies are identical. Bill Cole, however, charges about twice what Gerber does.

There is no good reason not to be buying Gerber supplies - either from Gerber themselves or from Hotflips.]

lol, as I read that last post I glanced at the top sponsor of this page and see Cole flashing at me

Two weeks is a bit soon to get antsy but the guy is a royal person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

You think so? Man, I live in Montana, and even I can get what I ordered in three-to-five business days. I'm crafting a bltch letter by day seven if I don't get my stuff.

Well I live in Canada so I'm not familar with how fast local US mail moves two weeks still is a bit soon to raise the alarm bells [for normal retailers, not ComicSupplyDouche].

Ahhh, yeah - true. Things go pretty quickly here in the States if you live in the more dense shipping zones. I'm in zone 5 (which is high) and things take a day or two longer. I just had an order shipped from a production facility in Texas via UPS ground, and it got to NYC in two days. The same facility takes five days via ground to get to Montana. I'm sure lots of people have horror stories and the like, but generally an order doesn't take too long to arrive (Unless it's Media Mail).

[Can I strongly advise you not to do this? Bill Cole & E Gerber share the same mylar patent - which means that the supplies sold by both companies are identical. Bill Cole, however, charges about twice what Gerber does.

There is no good reason not to be buying Gerber supplies - either from Gerber themselves or from Hotflips.]

lol, as I read that last post I glanced at the top sponsor of this page and see Cole flashing at me

I'd like to hear more about the mylar ownership issue, and why one is preferred over the other, if someone cares to write about it.

I only buy my supplies from Bill Cole. Prices may be high and shipping is crazy but I figure you get what you pay for.

Correct, you do get what you pay for but why pay double for the identical product? It's your money, have at it.

I typically use Cole for supplies but I thought I'd save a few bucks by using this guy on the web

http://www.comicsupply.com/ . Over 2 weeks go by and no product no money. Anyone else experience this wonderful dealer?

You certainly get what u pay for

HOTFLIPS even though a Yankee fan would have been the wiser choice. ;)

lol

Yes,HOTFLIPS is way better than ComicSupplies.

I'd like to hear more about the mylar ownership issue, and why one is preferred over the other, if someone cares to write about it.

It's pretty simple, actually - Gerber and Cole make the same products*. Cole charges about twice what Gerber does. Vote with your vallet.

*Before someone corrects me: Yes, Bill Cole have a couple of products that Gerber don't - one is great (the Life-X-Tender which is basically a true acid-free backing board with micro-chamber paper built in) and another one is (the Life-X-Tender Plus which is a 9mil thick sheet that does the same as micro-chamber paper but at a much higher price). But, when you're talking about 1mil, 2mil, 4mil mylar bags and the acid-free boards, the products are identical across the two companies.

I typically use Cole for supplies but I thought I'd save a few bucks by using this guy on the web

http://www.comicsupply.com/ . Over 2 weeks go by and no product no money. Anyone else experience this wonderful dealer?

You certainly get what u pay for

HOTFLIPS even though a Yankee fan would have been the wiser choice. ;)

Well nobodys perfect...

There is no good reason not to be buying Gerber supplies - either from Gerber themselves or from Hotflips

I can't speak to mylar ownership issue, however I have repeatedly shopped for the best prices on mylar bags and EGerber always wins. I've purchased from them, probably 6+ times and I've always been satisfied.