• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15% OFF! OH the HORROR!, & SCI FI, SENSATION, ATLAS, EC Pre code GA +SA

126 posts in this topic

Vault of Horror #23, there is a very slight non color breaking crease about 1/2 way down the middle to the bottom, front only, so I don't think it's a sub crease. Looks better, but I will lower the grade to Fine- (5.5) BIN $115Sold,

vaultofhorror23002.jpg

th_vaultofhorror23001.jpg

Sorry, I had the descriptions mixed up, I fixed them. This is the one with the note about possible color touch. I don't see any bleed through, but under the "Horror" I see streaks, so I'm pricing it as a slight A apparent VG/F to Fine $45Sold, Thank you! (worship)

vaultofhorror36002.jpg

th_vaultofhorror36001.jpg

Sorry, I had the descriptions mixed up, I fixed them. This is the one with the note about possible color touch. I don't see any bleed through, but under the "Horror" I see streaks, so I'm pricing it as a slight A apparent VG/F to Fine $45

vaultofhorror36002.jpg

:takeit:

Sorry, I had the descriptions mixed up, I fixed them. This is the one with the note about possible color touch. I don't see any bleed through, but under the "Horror" I see streaks, so I'm pricing it as a slight A apparent VG/F to Fine $45Sold,

vaultofhorror36002.jpg

:takeit:

Hey Sharon :hi:

I've seen you mention Bakertowne warehouse copies before......how about a little info on these?

I'm pretty sure I've written it out once or twice, Rick...they were asked to sell a distributor's warehouse full of comics ...about 8 or 9 years ago.

This was the place that candy and stationary stores would send their unsold books for credit. Some were sprayed with purple ink, some had covers ripped off and some were really nice...they were kept in the dark from the time the warehouse closed all those years ago...never faded.

The books were from the 40's (very few) to the bronze age..most of the bronze age ones were the same title, same number, still in paper wraps.

There were tons of classics illustrated books, Seaboard,and some Archie Titles, then there were one of a kind books, like Amazing Fantasy 15, a few Captain America's..(GA), tons of coverless books.

I sold some World Around us books with the original wraps a few years ago.

The man selling them was very nice, and knew nothing about comics, he used to toss them on a board in groups and put them on eBay, but he let me come out there in person (as long as I brought a minimum amount of cash) to look through the books he found and let me pick out groups...I think he was using me as a test, lol. I told him about Overstreet, what to look for..and he knew the books I would pick, were ones he wanted to look for...anyway, it was a lot of fun..expensive, but fun:) and I was able to pick up quite a few books from 1959 to 1961, the majority of the nicer books were from then.

I had quite a few at one time, and luckily my husband was pretty easy going;)