• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15% OFF! OH the HORROR!, & SCI FI, SENSATION, ATLAS, EC Pre code GA +SA

126 posts in this topic

Vault of Horror #23, there is a very slight non color breaking crease about 1/2 way down the middle to the bottom, front only, so I don't think it's a sub crease. Looks better, but I will lower the grade to Fine- (5.5) BIN $115

vaultofhorror23002.jpg

th_vaultofhorror23001.jpg

Oh what the heck...the 10% discount pushed me over ;):takeit:

Vault of Horror #23, there is a very slight non color breaking crease about 1/2 way down the middle to the bottom, front only, so I don't think it's a sub crease. Looks better, but I will lower the grade to Fine- (5.5) BIN $115

vaultofhorror23002.jpg

Sold, Thank you Alan! (worship)

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Adventures into Terror #12 Atlas, chips on right edge. Some tanning on the inside edges of the covers. Pages are off-white or better. 1952 VG- (3.5), $48

Adventures Into the Unknown #9 ACG, Frankenstein story, 1950 2 NCB creases, and dust shadow right side,Some slight tanning inside front cover.Pages are at least off-white, Fine (6.0). $100.

Beware! Terror Tales #2 1952!! Vg to vg+ (4.0 to 4.5) , date written in ink, some staining,/scratching in word balloon, small stain on a few of the very inside pages upper left corner. Nice color! Page are White to off-white. Bin $64.00

Doom Patrol #86 (first issue) Very Good- (3.5), off-white pages, looks like someone touched parts of the covers with wet hands. $11.00

Doom Patrol #87, 2nd issue, Good (2.0), tape on cover. 1" spine split top and bottom, pages are close to white. Mechanical soldiers! $4.00

Page 2:

House of Secrets #24, The beast from the box, another Bakertowne warehouse copy. This was the best copy I saw of this issue at the warehouse and the one I kept for myself. There is distributor's ink on the edges, Great color and gloss, pages are white to off=white, it's not completely flat, but it's a solid copy, I'd say at least a Fine (6.0). $27.00

Journey into Unknown Worlds #29, 1954 Dracula,Werewolf. Another Bakertowne warehouse book, again, this was the copy I kept. I don't remember seeing more than 1 of them. Great color and gloss, off-white pages, slight tanning at the edge of the pages, but not on the covers. Small edge creases and the book does not lie flat, some dirt on the back cover. Not sure how to grade this one, but it would be at least a Fine+ if it was flat. $70.00

Journey into Unknown Worlds #39, Another Bakertowne warehouse book, again, this was the copy I kept. I don't remember seeing more than 1 of them. Great color and gloss,slight bit of waviness upper right edge, some creasing at spine pages are white. VG+ (4.5) $ 35.00

Page 3:

Sensation Comics 108 Toth Art Overstreet says Scarce, some tape on spine that might be holding the cover on, white pages, (Good on eBay sold for $100 ) This one is technically a Good (2.0) $92.00

Sensation Comics 109 Toth art Overstreet says Scarce, white pages, book has great color and white pages, top has moisture ripples, the rest of the book is very nice. VG (4.0) $185.00

Sensation Mystery 110 Gd/VG ( 3.0) 1/2 inch cover spine split top, 1" bottom. pages are white to off-white, with some darkening at the very edges. Looks like a chew top right corner, very nice color, tears at staples. (an apparent gd+ on eBay went for $115) $110

Sensation 111 VG (4.0) -, white pages with some tanning top edge, some chipping top edge. Nice color, date stamp on the back..

$88

Sensation 112 Fine (6.0), white pages tiny bit of creasing at the top, this book looks a lot nicer in person. . (ebay Fine went for $150) Bin $140

Page 4:

Tales of Horror (1952 Toby/Minoan) #4

VG-, lower staple is popped, !" spine split. white to off-white pages. Very nice color, it is not trimmed, the cover is pulled back a little on the scanner, and didn't want to pull it and risk tearing something.$35.00

Tales From the Crypt #30 1952 s EC Comics DAVIS

INGELS ORLANDO KAMEN some kind of low grade, no better than fair, maybe worse… covers are completely split, pages are off-white, the first wrap is torn about 4 inches at the spine… (Fair/Gd on eBay went for $39) Bin $ 15

Tales of the Mysterious Traveler #10, 1956, 3 early Ditko stories.

Creasing, off-white pages, Ditko art inside and out. There is a stain on the inside front cover and on a few pages, nothing horrid. Grade is VG (4.0) eBay gd/Vg went for $39, Bin here is $ $38

Page 5:

Tales of the Unexpected #40, Another Bakertowne warehouse issue, great color and gloss. ink on edges, small tear at bottom, smush on right edge, White pages, tiny chip lower back. First

Space Ranger, VG sold on eBay for $140. This copy should grade at at least VG (4.0) probably a tiny bit better. Bin $140.00

Tales of the Unexpected #49, Another warehouse issue, great color and gloss, Ink on the edges, White pages, bend on back pages, VG+ (4.5) (VG- on eBay sold for $35.95) Bin $38.00

Tales of the Unexpected #52, Another Bakertowne warehouse issue, great color and gloss. Tiny bit of distributor's ink at the top middle edge, stain on back.

white pages, corner crease lower right, Fine- (5.5) $25.00

Tales of the Unexpected #56,vg name on cover, some creases, white pages, slight sub crease and a small chew upper

right, great color! 1960. Centerfold loose at top staple. (VG on ebay sold for $17.50) VG- (3.5), BIN $14.00

Page 6:

Tales of the Unexpected #67 Great color and gloss, tiny chip on the back, small stain on first page, white pages, Last 10-cent issue Fine+ (6.5) Bin $48.00

Tales of the Unexpected #72. Light foxing back, 1962, off white to white, scuff lower right, 1/2 inch split, small tears at staples. , (VG on eBay went for $10) VG+ (4.5) Bin $11.00

Page 7:

Tales of the Unexpected #82, Fine- (5.5), last Space Ranger. Great color, nice gloss, spine is bent up a tiny bit, white pages, corner crease lower right. $11.00

Uncanny Tales #5, moisture stains, great color and gloss, 2 small pieces of the cover are missing, Good (2.0). $38

Uncanny Tales #6, Gd/VG 1952 Good/VG (3.0), centerfold is detached, white ot offwhite pages, cover detached at top staple, nice pages, BIN $43.00

Uncanny Tales #20, Robert Q. Sales cover. tear at top staple, creasing, piece off top right corner. Nice white to off-white pages, name on back, ink on back. Good (2.0) $43.00

Uncanny Tales #33, Great color, white to off-white pages, creases, VG- (3.5), BIN $35.00

Uncanny Tales #37, VG- (3.5) , 1" tear right edge. Nice color, pages are white. atlas, 1955 There is creasing and a Mort Drucker flying saucer story. BIN $35.00

House of Secrets #24, The beast from the box, another Bakertowne warehouse copy. This was the best copy I saw of this issue at the warehouse and the one I kept for myself. There is distributor's ink on the edges, Great color and gloss, pages are white to off=white, it's not completely flat, but it's a solid copy, I'd say at least a Fine (6.0). $27.00

HouseofSecrets24001-1.jpg

th_HouseofSecrets24001.jpg

in a box prototype?

INGELS ORLANDO KAMEN some kind of low grade, no better than fair, maybe worse… covers are completely split, pages are off-white, the first wrap is torn about 4 inches at the spine… (Fair/Gd on eBay went for $39) Bin $ 15

talesofthecrypt30002.jpg

th_talesofthecrypt30001.jpg

:takeit:

vaultofhorror23002.jpg

Jeez, I dawdle for 24 measly hours and I get elbowed out. WTF???

talesofthecrypt30002.jpg

th_talesofthecrypt30001.jpg

Sold, Thank you! (worship)

:takeit:

HouseofSecrets24001-1.jpg

th_HouseofSecrets24001.jpg

in a box prototype?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that, lol...I was going to mention the same thing, but I try to stay off the out of context thread;) (most times;)

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Adventures into Terror #12 Atlas, chips on right edge. Some tanning on the inside edges of the covers. Pages are off-white or better. 1952 VG- (3.5), $48

Adventures Into the Unknown #9 ACG, Frankenstein story, 1950 2 NCB creases, and dust shadow right side,Some slight tanning inside front cover.Pages are at least off-white, Fine (6.0). $100.

Beware! Terror Tales #2 1952!! Vg to vg+ (4.0 to 4.5) , date written in ink, some staining,/scratching in word balloon, small stain on a few of the very inside pages upper left corner. Nice color! Page are White to off-white. Bin $64.00

Doom Patrol #86 (first issue) Very Good- (3.5), off-white pages, looks like someone touched parts of the covers with wet hands. $11.00

Doom Patrol #87, 2nd issue, Good (2.0), tape on cover. 1" spine split top and bottom, pages are close to white. Mechanical soldiers! $4.00

Page 2:

Journey into Unknown Worlds #29, 1954 Dracula,Werewolf. Another Bakertowne warehouse book, again, this was the copy I kept. I don't remember seeing more than 1 of them. Great color and gloss, off-white pages, slight tanning at the edge of the pages, but not on the covers. Small edge creases and the book does not lie flat, some dirt on the back cover. Not sure how to grade this one, but it would be at least a Fine+ if it was flat. $70.00

Journey into Unknown Worlds #39, Another Bakertowne warehouse book, again, this was the copy I kept. I don't remember seeing more than 1 of them. Great color and gloss,slight bit of waviness upper right edge, some creasing at spine pages are white. VG+ (4.5) $ 35.00

Page 3:

Sensation Comics 108 Toth Art Overstreet says Scarce, some tape on spine that might be holding the cover on, white pages, (Good on eBay sold for $100 ) This one is technically a Good (2.0) $92.00

Sensation Comics 109 Toth art Overstreet says Scarce, white pages, book has great color and white pages, top has moisture ripples, the rest of the book is very nice. VG (4.0) $185.00

Sensation Mystery 110 Gd/VG ( 3.0) 1/2 inch cover spine split top, 1" bottom. pages are white to off-white, with some darkening at the very edges. Looks like a chew top right corner, very nice color, tears at staples. (an apparent gd+ on eBay went for $115) $110

Sensation 111 VG (4.0) -, white pages with some tanning top edge, some chipping top edge. Nice color, date stamp on the back..

$88

Sensation 112 Fine (6.0), white pages tiny bit of creasing at the top, this book looks a lot nicer in person. . (ebay Fine went for $150) Bin $140

Page 4:

VG-, lower staple is popped, !" spine split. white to off-white pages. Very nice color, it is not trimmed, the cover is pulled back a little on the scanner, and didn't want to pull it and risk tearing something.$35.00

Creasing, off-white pages, Ditko art inside and out. There is a stain on the inside front cover and on a few pages, nothing horrid. Grade is VG (4.0) eBay gd/Vg went for $39, Bin here is $ $38

Page 5:

Tales of the Unexpected #40, Another Bakertowne warehouse issue, great color and gloss. ink on edges, small tear at bottom, smush on right edge, White pages, tiny chip lower back. First

Space Ranger, VG sold on eBay for $140. This copy should grade at at least VG (4.0) probably a tiny bit better. Bin $140.00

Tales of the Unexpected #49, Another warehouse issue, great color and gloss, Ink on the edges, White pages, bend on back pages, VG+ (4.5) (VG- on eBay sold for $35.95) Bin $38.00

Tales of the Unexpected #52, Another Bakertowne warehouse issue, great color and gloss. Tiny bit of distributor's ink at the top middle edge, stain on back.

white pages, corner crease lower right, Fine- (5.5) $25.00

Tales of the Unexpected #56,vg name on cover, some creases, white pages, slight sub crease and a small chew upper

right, great color! 1960. Centerfold loose at top staple. (VG on ebay sold for $17.50) VG- (3.5), BIN $14.00

Page 6:

Tales of the Unexpected #67 Great color and gloss, tiny chip on the back, small stain on first page, white pages, Last 10-cent issue Fine+ (6.5) Bin $48.00

Tales of the Unexpected #72. Light foxing back, 1962, off white to white, scuff lower right, 1/2 inch split, small tears at staples. , (VG on eBay went for $10) VG+ (4.5) Bin $11.00

Page 7:

Tales of the Unexpected #82, Fine- (5.5), last Space Ranger. Great color, nice gloss, spine is bent up a tiny bit, white pages, corner crease lower right. $11.00

Uncanny Tales #5, moisture stains, great color and gloss, 2 small pieces of the cover are missing, Good (2.0). $38

Uncanny Tales #6, Gd/VG 1952 Good/VG (3.0), centerfold is detached, white ot offwhite pages, cover detached at top staple, nice pages, BIN $43.00

Uncanny Tales #20, Robert Q. Sales cover. tear at top staple, creasing, piece off top right corner. Nice white to off-white pages, name on back, ink on back. Good (2.0) $43.00

Uncanny Tales #33, Great color, white to off-white pages, creases, VG- (3.5), BIN $35.00

Uncanny Tales #37, VG- (3.5) , 1" tear right edge. Nice color, pages are white. atlas, 1955 There is creasing and a Mort Drucker flying saucer story. BIN $35.00

Tales of the Unexpected #49 and #52 are sold!

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

$88

Page 4:

Page 5:

Page 6:

Page 7: