• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF1 - please review and share your thoughts.

46 posts in this topic

My first impression is a 4.0...not sure I see anything to change that...

Me too, but I missed the popped staple and have to think at least a one grade drop...Still a "found" FF #1 in this condition is quite the Event... :acclaim:

I'm sorry. If I'm being serious about having the FF1? Yes, of course. I would not be disturbing your time if we didn't have it. Someone on the board suggested I post it here for yall's opinion the first day or two I after I joined. I really do appreciate all the feedback that has been given to us. The genuine excitement that so many has shown has made it very exciting for us. We thank you all for that too!

Charlene

I'm sorry. If I'm being serious about having the FF1? Yes, of course. I would not be disturbing your time if we didn't have it. Someone on the board suggested I post it here for yall's opinion the first day or two I after I joined. I really do appreciate all the feedback that has been given to us. The genuine excitement that so many has shown has made it very exciting for us. We thank you all for that too!

Charlene

Charlene, Burntboy was replying to Junkdrawers post of a 1.8 - 2.0 grade and what flaws he saw to knock the grade so low. It's fun to guess the probable grades on an important book like this.

1.8 - 2.0

I'm just curious if you're being serious?? If so, perhaps you could enlighten us as to your rationale?? :foryou:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-four-1-CGC-GD-2-0-WHITE-PAGES-looks-GVG-resubmit-PERFECT-CENTERING-/200703544673#vi-content

Here is a cgc2.0 , I feel CGC would possibly grade charlenes FF somewhat the same. the bottom right damage is moisture related and does infact travel through the entire book. If I was selling it I would not list it higher that Good :sumo: Take a long look at both books side by side if you had to choose a book with better eye appeal hm

While you are at it, compare this 3.0 AF15 to charlenes FF1 http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-3-0-UNIVERSAL-NICEST-3-0-EVER-LOOKS-LIKE-4-0-4-5-/380402495572?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5891c17054

1.8 - 2.0

I'm just curious if you're being serious?? If so, perhaps you could enlighten us as to your rationale?? :foryou:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-four-1-CGC-GD-2-0-WHITE-PAGES-looks-GVG-resubmit-PERFECT-CENTERING-/200703544673#vi-content

Here is a cgc2.0 , I feel CGC would possibly grade charlenes FF somewhat the same. the bottom right damage is moisture related and does infact travel through the entire book. If I was selling it I would not list it higher that Good :sumo: Take a long look at both books side by side if you had to choose a book with better eye appeal hm

While you are at it, compare this 3.0 AF15 to charlenes FF1 http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-3-0-UNIVERSAL-NICEST-3-0-EVER-LOOKS-LIKE-4-0-4-5-/380402495572?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5891c17054

Well the FF 1 is quite dark looking and has some mighty big creases and color bends, but it looks better than a 2.0 to me from what I can see.

The AF 15 might be a better book but the owners reflection on both the front and back cover make it almost impossible to render much of an opinion.

If, in fact, the lower right cover brightness is water damage (on Charlenes book) and it goes through the entire book, I think you may be right, but I'm not sure how you can tell that.

Nevertheless you give me pause for thought...It would be nice if you voluntarily shared these observations so we can all learn a bit more... :foryou:

1.8 - 2.0

Well the FF 1 is quite dark looking and has some mighty big creases and color bends, but it looks better than a 2.0 to me from what I can see.

The AF 15 might be a better book but the owners reflection on both the front and back cover make it almost impossible to render much of an opinion.

If, in fact, the lower right cover brightness is water damage (on Charlenes book) and it goes through the entire book, I think you may be right, but I'm not sure how you can tell that.

Nevertheless you give me pause for thought...It would be nice if you voluntarily shared these observations so we can all learn a bit more... :foryou:

look close at the back cover opposite the bottom right front cover where said stain appears. On the back you will see the water mark. On the front and on the back leaves high possibllities, even though I cant open this book, I am betting it is stained right through. We are always reading from left to right, across and then down. The last thing your eye notices on this book, is in fact its worst defect after you are carried down that long vertical, off center color breaking crease. The 2.0 on ebay presents better and is easier on my eye, the white pages on a 2.0 is also kinda special.

Thanks for all the feedback! It should be on its way this weekend to be evaluated for pressing, pressing if it's up to it, and then on to the CGC for grading. Once we get an official grade on it, I'll let you know. My husband has decided he wants to sell it, so if you know of anyone that will be interested when it comes back from the CGC, please send them my way. Thanks for making this such an exciting adventure for us!