• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I just sold my last 2 #1's today (at discount from cover!)...#2 and 3 also sold out today....but I had #1's on my shelves since release (2 also, but not 3 has sold out week of release)

smudge is fine, i'm saying the back cover creases/bends are what's killing most of the grades...the front covers aren't bad at all. Hard to see unless you hold them to the light.

I agree. Is the production quality unusually poor on these, or are shops and customers just handling them roughly in my area? Nearly every book I've seen has soft spine corners and somewhat bumpy spines, even #3 which hasn't been out very long. I haven't seen any copies I'd consider slabbing.

I think a lot of the damage to the rear cover of books is caused by the bags & boards not fitting right on books and them getting damaged in storage or transit.

all of the damage i've seen was in stores, on release day, from several different LCS, all had the same damage. Also from those i've received from ebay.

Been gone most of that day just checkin in reading through it all. Doesnt look i missed much. For the first 9.8s i had grade for ToT 2 of the 3 were mine. Did not get dinged for smudges.

Sold the remaing of my ToT cgc stuff today happy with those sales. It will fund the next group going to cgc sometime next week. Im missing some ToT 9.8 love so i decided gunna get issue 1 2 ane second prints too and ToT image ice varinat done. That way i can put mine to the side

Mine all sold today. I couldnt believe it till I checked here I knew something was announced today lol.

That was me :D Nice job on the packing and quick ship. Missed out at my LCS so I figured why not give it a shot. Saw the tweet about the potential AMC pickup and off I went to speculate. I'm hoping some of those 9.4 estimates turn out to be 9.6s. :)

17k+ copies is a lot though. Starting to see some market saturation but raw NM advertised books are now going for about $25 so I don't know if the regular copies will ever come close to other hot image books.

My CGC 9.9 Chew #1 and 9.8 TWD #1 went a long way to help fund my hobby. Trying to keep my spend at about $100-$150 per month at my LCS. That's about the range my wife will tolerate. When I could show her the return on some of the books, it definitely helps the WAF.

I'm ready to let go of another TWD #1 (CGC 9.6 with the black warning) as part of a full collection sale (NM-NM+ issues 1-96). This will pay for a new 65" Plasma and SVS subwoofer.

Read some, sell some, Buy some more... I love this hobby!

Been gone most of that day just checkin in reading through it all. Doesnt look i missed much.

Are you kidding? There's more action in this thread than in the books. :D

Been gone most of that day just checkin in reading through it all. Doesnt look i missed much.

Are you kidding? There's more action in this thread than in the books. :D

+1

issue 3 though was picking up some steam.