• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

gotta check out issue #3 soon. enjoyed the first 2 so much i decided to hold onto my copy of #1 instead of sell it.

Best thing i have heard allday its a great book

i wish i hadn't slept on it when it first came out. paid $10 for my #1...but still felt like that was cheap compared to ebay. gonna add to my pull

What cracks me up is the fact that AMC only announced the fact that they are working towards possibly developing this into a show. They never stated that this is indeed going into full production and will be rolled out as a show.

This project is far from a for sure thing. Don't get caught on the wrong end of all the speculating if this ends up never hitting actual production.

i think i read an article where they're going to begin working on the pilot. I'm on the right end since i'm only playing the get rich quick game with stuff i already own (or bought recently for less than cover).

i think i read an article where they're going to begin working on the pilot. I'm on the right end since i'm only playing the get rich quick game with stuff i already own (or bought recently for less than cover).

Bleeding Cool quotes some site called thewrap.com as mentioning this show already going to the point of AMC doing a pilot for it, yet the article they direct you to from Bleeding Cool to thewrap mentions no such thing.

Every website that goes into detail about Thief of Thieves and AMC is pretty much the same word for word article other than Bleeding Cool dropping the PILOT word out of nowhere. Unless I am missing a legit article mentioning pilot than Bleeding Cool is as usual assuming something without any facts.

as long as it keeps chugging until my slabbed copies get here.

these sold x10 for about $140 earlier today...

ToT Lot

interesting thing is the prices haven't started adjusting downward, even with good quantity for sale, they're steadily going up. I'm really hesitant to start putting much more on for sale. Curious as to how high they'll go.

That's shocking that a lot of ten sold for $27 a pop. I really underestimated the heat this book would get. You may be right to think that it'll keep going north a while longer. I can't imagine that the prices will go too high without their being a pilot, a director, etc. I've not investigated the Hollywood trades to see if I can learn any more details about the project. Has anyone else figured out any more details about the prospective show?

If the San Fransisco Cronicle Section of the Newspaper sells for $550 I'm going to open a comic shop or at least start supplementing my income through internet sales. :jokealert:

Seems that prices are up and supply down on ebay UK even for issue 2 first prints.

I came to the party late, but paid £7 for 1st print no.1, £10 (!!) for 1st print no.2 and cover price for no.3. All on their way to me now. Looking forward to reading them.

I got beaten by a snipe at £28 for an Expo edition 2 days ago, looks like that could be a costly mistake on my part. doh!

Still feels like a bubble, but we'll see I guess. The fact that I've bought into it means that it will probably burst any day now!

always fun to read the first few pages of a thread after a comic gets hot to see what people thought would happen. Didn't think it would happen quite this fast though.

Wonder where the 17k copies of this are sitting and if any were returned to image by retailers.

so is any of this explosion in prices on ToT's own merits or is it simply riding the Kirkman TWD wave.

it's a very good book, with an interesting concept, but the fact that amc is making a show out of it is why prices are jumping.

Although I agree it's a great story and premise for a television show, you have to take into account Kirkman's influence as well. Otherwise there would be more hype surrounding Powers, which is being developed into a show as well, but you don't hear anywhere near the hype surrounding it.

Seems that prices are up and supply down on ebay UK even for issue 2 first prints.

I came to the party late, but paid £7 for 1st print no.1, £10 (!!) for 1st print no.2 and cover price for no.3. All on their way to me now. Looking forward to reading them.

I got beaten by a snipe at £28 for an Expo edition 2 days ago, looks like that could be a costly mistake on my part. doh!

Still feels like a bubble, but we'll see I guess. The fact that I've bought into it means that it will probably burst any day now!

I tried to throw a bid on that but was just a few second late because a stupid phone call distracted me :censored:

it's a bubble the size of a Spirit Bomb (Dragonball Z reference)

so is any of this explosion in prices on ToT's own merits or is it simply riding the Kirkman TWD wave.

it's a very good book, with an interesting concept, but the fact that amc is making a show out of it is why prices are jumping.

Although I agree it's a great story and premise for a television show, you have to take into account Kirkman's influence as well. Otherwise there would be more hype surrounding Powers, which is being developed into a show as well, but you don't hear anywhere near the hype surrounding it.

well it certainly helps having a hit tv show like walking dead.

I've just finished reading the first three issues of ToT, and much enjoyed them. It's a fun series. I wouldn't say they're the best three issues of anything ever, but it's an entertaining story and I'm curious where things are going, especially knowing that Kirkman's vision is backing up some of the long-term plotting. (I read Walking Dead in TPB form and quite honestly, the first six issues didn't do much for me, but by the time it got to the prison and Governor storylines it was probably the best title I've read in the last 10-15 years.)

My one complaint is that I wish each ToT issue was a bit longer, to advance the story further ... it does seem like another of those modern series that might benefit from being read in TPBs rather than single issues. Nevertheless, I'm on board and will definitely be picking up the fourth issue. Thanks to all here for the tip. (thumbs u

That's shocking that a lot of ten sold for $27 a pop. I really underestimated the heat this book would get. You may be right to think that it'll keep going north a while longer. I can't imagine that the prices will go too high without their being a pilot, a director, etc. I've not investigated the Hollywood trades to see if I can learn any more details about the project. Has anyone else figured out any more details about the prospective show?

If the San Fransisco Cronicle Section of the Newspaper sells for $550 I'm going to open a comic shop or at least start supplementing my income through internet sales. :jokealert:

yep, I'm quite fond of that Action #3 page 7 myself