• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW CGC Grades

48 posts in this topic

i dont get why he doesn't show the label. So annoying lol

B/c he doesn't want to sell the books...I made him a low-ball offer on the Iron Man just to see what would happen...so far, nothing! And I don't expect to get any additional communication from him and my offer will expire. No worries here b/c if he did accept and it was legit, it would be a great deal. If not, then I'm not out anything...

If he had what he says he had, he'd just throw it up on auction and would get FMV for all 4 books...

He has decent feedback selling some decent priced items. Doesn't look like a regular comic guy and probably doesnt have GPA. He def has all the books in hand with those ugly pictures.

not. here's my recent exchange with him - the book got better too! (start from the bottom and read up):

Re: Other: richg10000 sent a message about X Men #1 CGC 8.0 Stan Lee Sep 1963 Marvel Comics Stan Lee Jack Kirby Cyclopse #220950837679

To: richg10000

Sent: Feb-10-12 01:23 PM

You replied to this message on Feb-10-12.

Dear richg10000,

Hey, I have just talked to him and told him your concerns.. He took a look and apparently I did have the wrong info on it. It is an 8.5 not a 8.0 I will update my listing. Crappy handwriting. Regards, W. Thompson.. 503 740-5442 If you offer on it .. Know its an 8.5 cgc

- ambassadoors

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Dear ambassadoors,

Hi - it's me again. Also regarding your pics - it looks as if they were taken off of a computer screen? Do you actually have the book? Can I see the CGC label, front? Also, do you realize that the last X-Men 1 CGC 8.0 sold for 9K? Thanks, Rich

- richg10000

Dear richg10000,

Hey,, Thanks soooo much for your help and interest.. I do have the offer button on there. If you are interested at all at any price shoot it over.. It doesn't cost anything to post a price you think its worth.. I will shoot him a note.. Regards, W. Thompson 503 740-5442

- ambassadoors

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Dear ambassadoors,

got it - but you should also say the page quality and any other notes that may (or may not) be on the label. Also, do you realize that the ask here is massively over market value? One just sold of Comic Link for $9,000. No offense, but I guarantee you no one will buy this for anywhere close to 20K - if you get 10K you'd be very lucky. --Rich

- richg10000

Hey,, Thanks for your inquiry.. I am listing them for a friend. I have looked at them and seen them first hand, but He has sent me these pics to list. Believe me I have talked to him.. I do guarantee this to be authentic.. Please check my feedback.. He is a little paranoid for some reason.. I had to get these pics from him, and he is a bit tough to communicate with.. lol. . I told him to send me more, but still haven't got a thing worth posting.. I did have to try and retake these off my computer because of the way he sent them.. It has been quite a pain.. Please don't hesitate to shoot me an offer. I guarantee this.. Regards, W. Thompson 503 740-5442

- ambassadoors

Dear ambassadoors,

Hey - I'm looking for an X-Men 1 CGC 8.0, but your pics are terribly insufficient. Why don't you show the whole book, including the entire CGC label? I'd like to make an offer, but would need better pics. Can you take more and post them? Thanks, Rich

- richg10000

If you look at the Xmen book, the FC shows a book that appears to not be slabbed. The BC shows a book that is slabbed...possibly two different books! :(

Wait, the front cover pics are photos of a picture on a computer monitor! That's brilliant! :headbang:

If you look at the Xmen book, the FC shows a book that appears to not be slabbed. The BC shows a book that is slabbed...possibly two different books! :(

Wait, the front cover pics are photos of a picture on a computer monitor! That's brilliant! :headbang:

Apparently the con has been taken in a whole new level:

"I won't steal someone's photos..I'll just take my OWN photo of their books on MY computer" :lol:

Never ceases to amaze how these cons morph....so would you call this a Variant Con??

If it's a TRUE 100-point grading scale, then an 8.3 would be valid.

Or 8.75 for a 1000-point scale. Imagine the granularity of grading we could get... people would be vying for 9.7's and selling off their silly old 9.6's.....

:idea: