• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am officially livin the american dream

33 posts in this topic

Not sure I’ve understood properly (language problems…), however it’s amazing to see how these things happen differently from country to country.

Of course we have burocratic misfunctionings, situations of poverty, situations of abuse, people struggling to get to the end of the month, and as much as one can imagine even here in Italy, but when I read reports about – for example – the lack of a public health service, well, these makes me feel about the US as some place from another world…

Hope all the best for you, I’ll add your situation to my prayers. ;)

Hey man, this whole story sucks. Of course I have no real knowledge of your exact situation, and don't know the details of how you make a living, student, part time work etc.

One thing that does occur to me though, is that from what I've seen, you have a pretty amazing artistic talent. Is this something you could build on at all?

If I was in your position, about the only thing I would have to rely on is a strong back and work ethic. At least you have a tangible talent to fall back on.

Apologies if I'm oversimplifying or sound condescending, it really isn't my intention. From the little interaction I have had with you here on the boards, you seem like a great guy and I would love nothing more than to see you get to a better situation.

All the very best buddy. :wishluck:

Well, it looks like im officially an american now that my house has been forclosed. Me and my mom have done everything in our power to try to stop the bank from forclosing on us and it wasn't good enough for them. We now have until the 18th to get everything out. This is gonna be a hectic couple of weeks. We have one more option that were trying that will only postpone the auction for a month at the longest. Im kind of freakin out, and also feeling hopeful since this house has kind of been a burden on us and i think we can take this as a fresh start.

Anybody else been in this situation? How did you handle it?

(Im not sure if this would be considered politics, but if so, sorry. I just had to tell someone about this.)

....every new day is a fresh start, brother.....Bravo to you for recognizing that. I know I don't want to be a mortgage slave for the rest of my life, but that's me. A person can put a mobile home on a nice lot in the country for a very reasonable amount.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Never good to hear about anything like this happening to anyone.

It seems like you have a good attitude about it in the end though which is the most important thing.

Get out of CA and come to Tx! Some of the lowest cost of living in the nation here in San antonio.

It seems like you have a good attitude about it in the end though which is the most important thing.

Get out of CA and come to Tx! Some of the lowest cost of living in the nation here in San antonio.

....a buddy of mine, retired Army, recently moved to Texas. Got a 3 bedroom brick rancher on 2 acres for 65K......GOD BLESS...

....a buddy of mine, retired Army, recently moved to Texas. Got a 3 bedroom brick rancher on 2 acres for 65K......GOD BLESS...

That's what I am talking about. No where else in the US I'd rather be!

:whee:

Thanks everyone. This thread is about two months old though. But thought iid share more on the situation and whats happened since then. We moved out at the end of February (I think) maybe first of march, and got an apartment. Its a 3 bedroom apartment, alot smaller than what we were living in. We've made it as much as home as we did our last place though. I'm pretty happy with it. Its alot closer to everything that goes on in my town, closer to friends and my girlfriend, and I've got a Starbucks about 5 min walking distance so i really can't find anything to complain about it. I've learned from this experience alot, figured out I can handle stressful situations better than I thought capable, and have learned that i actually can't control everything in my life. I just got let go from my job, and as much as it sucks, I know I'll still be breathing tomorrow and losing the house has helped me see that. As much as a situation can suck, its not the end of the world, life goes on and you recover from it stronger. I'm taking this time off to focus on my art, and will probably eventually gho back to school with the hopes of majoring in something where I can use my art to my fullest capability and be a self sufficient member of society while doing something I love. Thank you everyone still for the well wishes, this community never fails to amaze me with the sense of compassion I see on here sometimes.

I actually lived in San Antonio for about 6 months. Actually just north of there in Boerne. I was there with an ex though and we were living with her crazy alcoholic brother so I got the hell out of there. Talk about disfunction at its finest. I loved the town though.

Hi, excelsior1986. :hi:

So you had to give up your job? Well, since I seem to get they were temporary jobs, I hope it’s not a big deal. I’ve never studied while working or vice-versa, but I think it’s a good thing, in general.

Also, to realize one own’s limitations is very good, as you learn to rely on Hope more firmly, and start to see what really matters. All the best to you and your mother, then, and keep us informed if you like… :)

I add you to my prayers, especially for those experiencing problems with job, especially due to the unhealthy view of work pratice we experience nowadays.

Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath… :)