• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am officially livin the american dream

33 posts in this topic

Well, it looks like im officially an american now that my house has been forclosed. Me and my mom have done everything in our power to try to stop the bank from forclosing on us and it wasn't good enough for them. We now have until the 18th to get everything out. This is gonna be a hectic couple of weeks. We have one more option that were trying that will only postpone the auction for a month at the longest. Im kind of freakin out, and also feeling hopeful since this house has kind of been a burden on us and i think we can take this as a fresh start.

Anybody else been in this situation? How did you handle it?

(Im not sure if this would be considered politics, but if so, sorry. I just had to tell someone about this.)

Thanks everyone.

considering they just agreed to the robo-signing settlement you might actually be in luck. that program should have $20k in principle forgiveness for homeowners in foreclosure.

Thats what were hopin for. If anything it'll at least delay the move out date and give us a little more time to get a new place in order. Im keeping my head up.

SO sorry to hear this is happening :foryou:

I had to deal with a foreclosure on my mother's house after she passed away and it was a ing nightmare. I spent hours and hours on the phone. the company put me on hold one time for over three hours. Three hours!!

The worst part is that not only are you dealing with the place you got your loan from, you're also dealing with those who hold interest in the instrument - at least this is how it was for me. Both of them were giving me conflicting information.

Thankfully, I was able to sell the house on my own to a very nice couple who were just starting out - my mother would have loved that. :grin: Closed on the house literally hours before the foreclosure took place. it was stressful the whole way through and took me months to see it through.

Have you checked into a short sale? A good way to get the house out from under you but there are some tax issues you'll want to look at with such a sale. Sometimes just walking away is the answer, though I don't know what your particular situation is.

In any case, best of luck to you and your mother :wishluck:

Thanks everyone for the wishes. It's something thats been going on since about the middle of last year, and we are pretty much at our last straw with it. This last thing is litterally the last thing were trying. Not so much to try to save the house, but to give us a little more time to get a new place lined up and get everything out so we don't get locked out. It's a very frusturating situation though. My mom used to be pretty well off. Just barely making more than what would qualify her in the top 1% of the nation (she sells crop insurance) and the government over the past 3 years has cut her income down to about 20% of what she used to make so we've seen some rough times in the past couple years. I used to be a full-time student with part-time jobs, and had to stop school to work full-time to help with bills. It's frusturating for me because i had to put school on hold, frusturating for her because the government/ banks are pretty much taking everything away from her that she worked so hard to achieve. We were dirt broke when i was younger, and to see my mother work her off to start her own company, buy a beautiful house and car just so the government/banks can take it all away is pretty upsetting. Were both staying positive about everything though. We know it'll all work out in the end.

Thanks again everyone. This place always cheers me up.

Well, it sounds like you've got a great attitude and that probably will go a long way in getting you through this. wish you and your Mom all the best of luck... :wishluck:

Attitude has got everything to do with the way things will work out. Im determined to keep my head up and i know it will work out in the end. Even if we do end up losing the house.