• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series trade weekend discussion

488 posts in this topic

For privacy reasons, I would rather not say what I traded. However if you look at the books that I offered up in the trade thread, I would say I traded the four coolest and rarest books in the group. It was quite the blockbuster of a trade.

TP

Hi everyone,

I know I've been pretty much MIA for the last couple of months but I'm still alive and kicking.

I was eyeballing the convention calender this morning and was thinking it had been a while since we held a trade weekend. It looks like the weekend of October 3rd & 4th is fairly dead for cons. Anyone up for it? I probably won't participate myself since I don't really have anything I'm looking to part with myself at this point but would like to see it keep going.

Hi everyone,

I know I've been pretty much MIA for the last couple of months but I'm still alive and kicking.

I was eyeballing the convention calender this morning and was thinking it had been a while since we held a trade weekend. It looks like the weekend of October 3rd & 4th is fairly dead for cons. Anyone up for it? I probably won't participate myself since I don't really have anything I'm looking to part with myself at this point but would like to see it keep going.

My calendar has Oct 3rd and 4th as a Wed-Thu. I had 3 great trades the last time and am looking forward to another round.

Thanks, Brian

How exactly do these trades work? Most of my small collection is SS so I might be interested in doing this, just don't want to make an of myself since it would be my first time.
Here's a link to the last trade weekend thread LINK

Just post a pic/scan of the books you have for trade, a general idea of what you're looking for and (this is optional) an idea of a what you value each book at. If you see something you're interested in send a PM to the owner of the book with an offer or inquire whether you have anything they're interested in trading for it. It can be a little tricky to work out trades sometimes because the perceived value of a book can vary from person to person. It just depends on whether the individual is wanting to get FMV in trade for the book or, and this does happen, or if they're willing to trade it for under FMV to obtain something of more interest to themselves. I myself am usually willing to let books go for what I have into them but that's not always the case with everyone. Even if you don't work out any trades, don't get discouraged. I wasn't able to work out a trade until the third trade weekend. It just takes a little patience and willingness to negotiate. (thumbs u