• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay deal with Spoon shipping !! Calling out a Ebay Seller !!!!

25 posts in this topic

So just to give a little heads up about a ebay "Spoon " Seller that just dont get it or is just stupid...

I won a item awhile back on ebay I locked in my bid for the day to find later that night I won a CGC 9.8 SS Spawn #200 Variant Signed by Todd McFarlane :acclaim: ( Sweet!!! my CGC Spawn #200 SS Collection is almost complete ) :acclaim:

I was shocked how much I paid for this item under $50.00 which was very pleasing to me because again I am out to make a set of all #200 SS and this was the only one that I needed..Any who !! I paid for the CGC Comic that night. weeks went by with no tracking so after a few emails about when my item will be shipped out to then make a threat to contact ebay.the seller contacted me and said that he would send the CGC Book in the mail the next day. The next day he sent it out :whee:

I got the CGC Spawn comic in 4 days .......but .......Well .... :juggle:...See pictures :screwy: The seller said that he has sent out many...many packed this way with no problems and that it was the UPS Fault not his ( Hmmmm )

Ebay Seller ID: foskateboards

I always get CGC Comics in the mail that are USPS Flate rate or in general USPS and always packed in a Box of some type. This was sent UPS in a Envelope (worship)

hel001-12.jpg

Best Packing using a Office depo bag ( Funny thing is it has a easy button " should have pushed it " :o )

hel002-12.jpg

we got you cover with the " easy button " :)

hel003-7.jpg

For extra support the brown "Spoon bagg " I feel better already doh!

hel004-5.jpg

Really shocked to see this ...I mean it was packed so well. I would think the store bag would be enough ? :insane:

hel005-5.jpg

Back of the case !! :(

hel006-4.jpg

Piece missing ? :slapfight:

hel008-3.jpg

There is the piece :)

hel010-1.jpg

Top of the case chipped

hel009-2.jpg

End !!!! :sorry::sorry::tonofbricks::sorry:

It's a shame how many insufficiently thoughtful sellers there are. :pullhair:

The real shame is how easy it would have been to prevent. I mean what do a couple of pieces of thick oversized double corrugated cardboard cost.

Anyway I hope it eventually works out the best for you!

I did file with ebay..I can send the item back to the seller they will refund me my money and pay to ship it back..But being it is I can handle paying to get it reholder.but for anyone other this could be a bother..So I am here to vent and share :foryou:

I've had the same thing happen with several raw comics that I've bought internationally on ebay. They'll send it in an envelope and big surprise it's trashed when it arrives :facepalm:

Even worse I'm stuck with it. Ebay doesn't reimburse shipping on international items and they still require a signature confirmation or no refund. So either way I'm out at least $25 to $35 on return shipping if I want to be covered by buyer protection.

i wish another online auction house would seriously challenge ebay. i recently got shanked on an auction because some insufficiently_thoughtful_person couldn't figure out how to set up the router i sold him. Now i'm out my sale, my shipping costs and i get back an opened router which was formally sealed to try and sell for less money.

I am really Sorry to hear about some of the story about the lost of shipping or getting stiff on a item... I feel nothing for this seller because of the lack of and it is a shame the sometimes the buyer protect policy can be its own enemy.

I did ask the seller to give me at least $16 back.this way I can get it reholder but the reply back was he would get back to me this was over a week & half ago so clearly he dont care...

I am really Sorry to hear about some of the story about the lost of shipping or getting stiff on a item... I feel nothing for this seller because of the lack of and it is a shame the sometimes the buyer protect policy can be its own enemy.

I did ask the seller to give me at least $16 back.this way I can get it reholder but the reply back was he would get back to me this was over a week & half ago so clearly he dont care...

In the PayPal complaint I know it gives an option where you can actually ask for a partial refund if you give a good explanation of why. Did you fill that part out?

For someone who gets to use an exaggerated amount of bubble wrap on every shipment, I can't understand why any seller would risk having their parcels arrive in such a state...spend a few $, and take care in the packaging. You'll save on headaches later.

@ brendanb438

Yes I could have done that with PayPal but being under the buyer protection when I file with ebay the took over the claim and being that it is the only real action was for me to send the item back to the seller and get a refund but because I paid little to nothing it fine with me to pay to get it reholder my self. I cant file with PayPal becuase it handle by ebay...On the other note I just Negative on the seller and now spreading the word about this seller on here...

The sellers response is frustrating. The whole I have sent millions of em just like this with no problems so clearly you are the issue here buddy, type response sets me off and I would leave a neg no matter what. If, on the other hand, a seller comes back with an apology, even if it is him biting his lip, and he does the right thing with a quick refund I leave a positive " issue with shipping but handled well by seller".

CGC cases are friggin delicate, need to sandwich it in overisize cardboard and then bubble wrap the thing, then box it. Or mycomicshop.com has cool custom fitted boxes that they use.

For someone who gets to use an exaggerated amount of bubble wrap on every shipment, I can't understand why any seller would risk having their parcels arrive in such a state...spend a few $, and take care in the packaging. You'll save on headaches later.

As John Lennon said:

"the bubble wrap you get is equal to the bubble wrap you send"

or something like that...

the irony is that it wouldn't have taken much more effort to eliminate the chance of this happening by 95%...cardboard sandwhiching, bubble wrap, would do the trick even if he still refused to box it.