• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-What Retro Coin-Op would you like to be re-introduced...

35 posts in this topic

I'm with CompleteRun on this one.......in the late 70's I had a major jones for this one.......

got a sufi-master-zen-dance thing going while playing it.......... cloud9.gif

galaga.jpg

my local theater has a video arcade inside the lobby. Which of course has a Ms. Pacman/Galaga coin-op. In typical ritual fashion I have to arrive at the theater about 30 mintues before the movie, so I can drop a few quarters to play Galaga. cloud9.gif

i have mame on my pc with over 500 original arcade games, along with nes, playstation emulators and a table top controller for boot from treyonics.com

check it out and get your game on.

"I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth." confused.gif

i have mame on my pc with over 500 original arcade games, along with nes, playstation emulators and a table top controller for boot from treyonics.com

PUI.........."posting under the influence", obviously.

Mame? Wasn't Carol Channing in that? Why is she on his PC, and why would she be arriving with 500 games?

PUI.........."posting under the influence", obviously.

Mame? Wasn't Carol Channing in that? Why is she on his PC, and why would she be arriving with 500 games?

you know there used to be a time whn I probably would have understood what he was saying, being into all the new chic gadgets and whatnots. Hell, now I don't even have the time or money to play many of the new PS2 games.

Track and Field...

in the early days... before they discovered you could beat the game using a comb and added button guards...

Mmmm.... Track and Field... cloud9.gif

It's got to be 20 years since I've played T/F . Great game thumbsup2.gif

I've got the MAME software running on both my PCs - laptop and desktop. It's heaven - heaven, I tell ya! 3,000 games, all in their original state, complete with startup and config screens.

Some of them are tough to play without the original input mechanisms - namely, trackball and 'spinner' (as in Tempest).

Of all of them, the game I like best is Major Havok, a vector-based game that was intro'd by Atari to replace Tempest in the original Tempest cabinet. Uses the same controls as Tempest, but without the spinner knob, it simply doesn't come close to the original experience. A truly unique game in which you go through a variety of smaller games to reach each 'base' where your guy has to navigate different 'reactors' (with varying levels of gravity and different configs of enemy robots and traps), set off the reactor, and then get the hell out before the planet blows up... too cool.

I've got the MAME software running on both my PCs - laptop and desktop. It's heaven - heaven, I tell ya! 3,000 games, all in their original state, complete with startup and config screens.

Some of them are tough to play without the original input mechanisms - namely, trackball and 'spinner' (as in Tempest).

Of all of them, the game I like best is Major Havok, a vector-based game that was intro'd by Atari to replace Tempest in the original Tempest cabinet. Uses the same controls as Tempest, but without the spinner knob, it simply doesn't come close to the original experience. A truly unique game in which you go through a variety of smaller games to reach each 'base' where your guy has to navigate different 'reactors' (with varying levels of gravity and different configs of enemy robots and traps), set off the reactor, and then get the hell out before the planet blows up... too cool.

havoc_ur.gif

Searching the web brought back all sorts of memories of video games of yore.

Gran Track 10

gran_trak_10.gif

Night Driver

night_driver.gif

Space War

space_wars.gif

Lunar Lander

lunar_lander.gif

Star Fire

star_fire.gif

Warrior

warrior.gif

Battlezone

battlezone.gif

Berzerk

berzerk.gif

Cosmic Avenger

cosmic_avenger.gif

Moon Patrol

moon_patrol.gif

Xevious

xevious.gif

Mach 3

mach3.gif

I had a lot of fun playing the following:

- Tempest

- WWF WrestleFest

- WWF Royal Rumble

- Saturday Night Slam Masters

- Ninja Gaiden (arcade version; the home console versions were different)

Another subject I'm strong in. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm such a loser! insane.gif

Anyway...

All the information you could ever want about every video game...

Link

For the geeks that want a home unit with a lot of games...

Link

The first machine, Arcade Legends, is the one you want.

Not for commercial use. But great for the home.

Mame machines are pretty nice as well.

They can play a ton of games and can be built at home with instruction.

acclaim.gif

The games were too linear, but I love Don Bluth's art from the Laserdisk games Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. With DAPHNE I can play them on my laptop to my heart's content! (using my official purchased version of the laserdisk from Digital Leisure cloud9.gif)

One Day I'd like to get a restored cab with both...

dl_done.jpg

SA_01.JPG