• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of speculation and books heating up Ebay........

9 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to "Stumptown ?"....

I loved the few issues I read ! I thought it was going to be a HOT book, having some staying power....But it just disappeared....

Anyone know what happened ?

I have no idea. There is supposed to be a second arc.

With Rucka's workload, who knows.

I fully intend to ask Southworth and Rucka about it at ECCC.

I just picked up issues 1-4 of Stumptown on ebay based on your recommendations. I hope it meets my expectations. The publisher in a web article indicates that there will be more issues on the way later this year. I was shocked at the price its demanding on ebay. I only paid $15.00 for issues 1-4 in NM raw 1st print. There's a guy selling a #1 CGC 9.8 on ebay for $100.00 which seems high for an Oni Press book. Speaking og Oni Press, I haven't noticed much interest in the Damned despite the Showtime TV pilot. Anyone hear anything about whether or not that is actually going to get made? Thanks!

I just picked up issues 1-4 of Stumptown on ebay based on your recommendations. I hope it meets my expectations. The publisher in a web article indicates that there will be more issues on the way later this year. I was shocked at the price its demanding on ebay. I only paid $15.00 for issues 1-4 in NM raw 1st print. There's a guy selling a #1 CGC 9.8 on ebay for $100.00 which seems high for an Oni Press book. Speaking og Oni Press, I haven't noticed much interest in the Damned despite the Showtime TV pilot. Anyone hear anything about whether or not that is actually going to get made? Thanks!
Not a bad price. #1 alone was selling for more than $40 raw at one point. I think it's had a third print run. I was always surprised though. I mean, I loved it but it didn't seem like the type of comic that immediately got hot like that. No Campbell cover, no cheesecake, just a plain old detective story. I think you'll enjoy the read though