• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

A few people told me I was mad buying a Chew #1 and 5 NM Saga #1 first print s - as you could get them for $5 easily.

I only see them making $30 + now.

I intend to hold on as i think issues 20 - 30 will dictate if this series becomes a 100+ issue juggernaut or a slow fader...

Of course we all hope the former.

The #1 first print run was 37,000 - I bet at least 10,000 of them are lost,binned or damaged due to reading (my god,people reading comics!! What next...lol) so by the time #30 comes out the pool of NM #1's will be even smaller.

And no,I'm not related to Nico, I just happen to agree with him regarding this comic!

Andy

The #1 first print run was 37,000 - I bet at least 10,000 of them are lost,binned or damaged due to reading (my god,people reading comics!! What next...lol) so by the time #30 comes out the pool of NM #1's will be even smaller.

Andy

I'm pretty sure that the first print run wasn't even that large. I think that 37,000 includes reprints.

No - according to Comic - Chronicles the pre-sale orders for the First print run of Saga #1 was 37,641

A few people told me I was mad buying a Chew #1 and 5 NM Saga #1 first print s - as you could get them for $5 easily.

I intend to hold on as i think issues 20 - 30 will dictate if this series becomes a 100+ issue juggernaut or a slow fader...

And no,I'm not related to Nico, I just happen to agree with him regarding this comic!

Andy

The prices on them change every day and will continue jumping around (up and down) for a while. There are a few BINs at half the $30 price you mention.

I'm glad I have a couple myself that I will probably get slabbed (if the wait times are ever brought back to normal.) As for future value, there are too many things to predict. There is not a comparable title in my opinion. Fables had a much smaller print run for it's #1, as with YTLM, WD, Invincible, 100 Bullets, etc. Everyone is hoping this becomes a WD and for that reason, there are tons of people sitting on slabbed copies or high grade raws. When WD came out, there was not a super popular, high dollar independent title that would have led to speculation.

I want this to be a title, like WD, that I tell friends they have to read and let them borrow my tpbs and wait for them to bring them back so we can talk about it!

This series and Batman are the only two books I look forward to picking up monthly right now. I hope Saga keeps it up!

I was really happy to see that your Chew #1 ended up being better than advertised. That is always a nice surprise.

Question for discussion: do you think that since the OA for this is not available, that the series as a whole will be missing an important group of collectors to help with the overall appreciation of the complete product?

I feel like all the aspects of a series should work together to maintain interest and foster a positive environment between creators, fans, collectors, etc. I just wonder if lacking OA will hurt this series in any way. There has to be a few people on these boards who are turned off by this series due to their inability to own OA from it.

No - according to Comic - Chronicles the pre-sale orders for the First print run of Saga #1 was 37,641

Yea i saw that as well, but there's an * next to then number 1 so i assumed that indicated more than one print run. I could be wrong as they don't actually list what the asterisk means.

Andy

The prices on them change every day and will continue jumping around (up and down) for a while. There are a few BINs at half the $30 price you mention.

I'm glad I have a couple myself that I will probably get slabbed (if the wait times are ever brought back to normal.) As for future value, there are too many things to predict. There is not a comparable title in my opinion. Fables had a much smaller print run for it's #1, as with YTLM, WD, Invincible, 100 Bullets, etc. Everyone is hoping this becomes a WD and for that reason, there are tons of people sitting on slabbed copies or high grade raws. When WD came out, there was not a super popular, high dollar independent title that would have led to speculation.

I want this to be a title, like WD, that I tell friends they have to read and let them borrow my tpbs and wait for them to bring them back so we can talk about it!

This series and Batman are the only two books I look forward to picking up monthly right now. I hope Saga keeps it up!

I was really happy to see that your Chew #1 ended up being better than advertised. That is always a nice surprise.

Question for discussion: do you think that since the OA for this is not available, that the series as a whole will be missing an important group of collectors to help with the overall appreciation of the complete product?

I feel like all the aspects of a series should work together to maintain interest and foster a positive environment between creators, fans, collectors, etc. I just wonder if lacking OA will hurt this series in any way. There has to be a few people on these boards who are turned off by this series due to their inability to own OA from it.

I think yes, the fact that there is no OA will technically hurt the series fan base, however, the the degree that it will do this it won't really matter. I don't think it will affect the readership of the comic. If the comic is good, more people will read it - if it starts to suck, well then more people will be turned off. As for now, I think the series is awesome. I like collecting OA, but simply dismiss the fact that there is none for this comic.

for those that like to speculate on future slabs ...

as far as "rarity" goes, wouldnt finding a #1 issue in second or third printing in 9.8 (or higher) be more difficult?

"#1's" in general are more "babied" as far as being handled with kid gloves when purchased

for those that like to speculate on future slabs ...

as far as "rarity" goes, wouldnt finding a #1 issue in second or third printing in 9.8 (or higher) be more difficult?

"#1's" in general are more "babied" as far as being handled with kid gloves when purchased

I'm not sure if I would buy into that myself. I do agree TWD 2nd print issues are bank because mainly no one wanted them (and completists looking for low print runs want them), but other than #50 (cover) are they really that different? Nope. Same with these. What's cool about the Locke & Key #1 2nd print, it's the same as the first print. Before you start scratching your head on what I'm talking about... Joe and Gabriel changed a few panels of the DF and HC/TPB and further reprints to take out the Bode time traveling storyline. More 2nd prints need glitches like this to explain price increases.

:gossip: Not pimping L&K. Buy Saga instead. You'll be happier in the long run. :)

This series is gonna have legs.

I collect first edition kids books too (learn your numbercodes :) ), and further editions rarely are worth anything down the road other than quick gifts.

Andy

Thankyou - thats a very nice thing to say.

New Saga is being delivered to comic shops today and I'm pumped! Love BKV and Fiona Staples gem. I don't know why I tell people that the Walking Dead is my favorite comic right now when I enjoy each issue of Saga so much more than I enjoy some issues of the Walking Dead? Looks like the heat on RRPs has cooled down a little bit. They are going for $500 in CGC 9.8 and there's a $500 BIN that has been on feebay for over a week? I bet that it sells as soon as the comic con crowd gets their next pay check. I haven't seen a BKV SS book on feebay in a long time. I wonder what it would even go for now? Anyone have any idea when Vaughan is doing another CGC witnessed signing? I would love to have my RRP signed and SS certified. :)