• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I don't think BKV is real happy with the commodification of comics, CGC, etc. ... that's just what I've gathered from things he's said ... I think that's why he is more likely to do store signings than conventions with CGC witnesses ... the answers and commentary is pretty funny ... go back and take a look at it ... it's worth your time.

BKV loves his fans. Part of what makes him awesome is the fact that he doesn't do the circuit.

When he wants, he makes his appearances, he signs and doesn't get upset.

While, it is unfortunate that nothing was available for IE and that unless NYCC pulls off a rabbit out of their hat, we won't have an opportunity until next year.

But such is life.

i feel a little let down that there's no goodies for those who mutilated their copies and sent that question page in....great read though.

Someone got some goodies (including a signed Saga somethingorother) for having BKV's favorite answer to a question.

You ripped one page out of the back of a $3 comic book in the hopes of getting...what exactly? You could have just as easily copied the page and sent it in.

i feel a little let down that there's no goodies for those who mutilated their copies and sent that question page in....great read though.

Someone got some goodies (including a signed Saga somethingorother) for having BKV's favorite answer to a question.

You ripped one page out of the back of a $3 comic book in the hopes of getting...what exactly? You could have just as easily copied the page and sent it in.

didn't know anyone got anything....must have missed that....i'm sure some people who took the time to send it in HOPED something good might come of it...there's nothing wrong with HOPING is there.

Edited by krighton

Sorry to butt in but did I read that correctly that Saga #1 only had a print run of 500 for the first print?

I skipped over most of it because I had no clue as to what you were arguing about.....

So was it 500 or did I just skip too much?

Thanks.

PS: some of you chaps get quite jolly heated at times.

Sorry to butt in but did I read that correctly that Saga #1 only had a print run of 500 for the first print?

I skipped over most of it because I had no clue as to what you were arguing about.....

So was it 500 or did I just skip too much?

Thanks.

PS: some of you chaps get quite jolly heated at times.

You skipped too much. It's the RRP edition that has a print run of 500. I think I read somewhere that #1 had around 70,000 across all printings (but don't quote me on that). In any case, a lot more than 500 copies!

Thanks for that,thought that it was waaaaay too low but couldn't be arsed to read the 'wars of the comics'...lol

HERE IS A RECAP:

Saga 1 RRP has a print run of only 500 copies

NicoEsq is adamant that everyone here needs to follow the rules...except himself.

I like how people are repeating the 500 print run number like it's the gospel :lol:

It's a total guess and hasn't been confirmed anywhere :thumbsup:

HERE IS A RECAP:

NicoEsq is adamant that everyone here needs to follow the rules...except himself.

Come on...

The Nico-bashing is getting really tedious to wade through (I'm not debating whether it's right or wrong to bash him). Can't you all just put each other on ignore?

HERE IS A RECAP:

Come on...

The Nico-bashing is getting really tedious to wade through (I'm not debating whether it's right or wrong to bash him). Can't you all just put each other on ignore?

You have the power!! (to create your own ignore list. :) )

HERE IS A RECAP:

Come on...

You have the power!! (to create your own ignore list. :) )

I knew someone would say that!

The bashers aren't people that I want to block though. You, JJ and many others post a lot of non-Nico related things that I'm interested in reading - I just wish you'd all ignore him...

I would love to ignore him. I really would. The problem is with the multitude of rumours about modern comics it is often hard to discern the slightly true from the completely out to lunch. Our friend is unfortunately the source of quite a few of these rumours. I might actually believe some of the rumours if I did not know the source. You see my dilemma.

Add the fact that once I see him starting a rumour I feel the need to nip it in the bud. It is my shame. :sorry:

I would love to ignore him. I really would. The problem is with the multitude of rumours about modern comics it is often hard to discern the slightly true from the completely out to lunch. Our friend is unfortunately the source of quite a few of these rumours. I might actually believe some of the rumours if I did not know the source. You see my dilemma.

I second the sentiment here.

It's of no value to the boards to completely disregard inaccurate or incorrect posts. (shrug)