• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

i hope they dont make anymore of that variant ! lol

If variants make Fiona and Brian more money and they decide to go that route, I would not fault them at all. People buy them and Fiona and Brian have bills to pay. That being said, it would certainly make my life easier if they only did a few variants, particularly if they're really nicely done :-)

agreed. i will support no matter what, but i prefer paying $3 for my books rather then $8 lol

If variants make Fiona and Brian more money and they decide to go that route, I would not fault them at all. People buy them and Fiona and Brian have bills to pay. That being said, it would certainly make my life easier if they only did a few variants, particularly if they're really nicely done :-)

agreed. i will support no matter what, but i prefer paying $3 for my books rather then $8 lol

Keep in mind that Paul Pope Cover is the first piece of original art you can buy from Saga.

Which is one of the reasons I like it.

Keep in mind that Paul Pope Cover is the first piece of original art you can buy from Saga.

Which is one of the reasons I like it.

true. Has it hit the open market yet? its going to be huge imo

I think Saga is one of the only books that I would be happy seeing variants of. So many great characters and I would love to see other artists interpretations.

Only one variant though, I hate all this 7 variants for one issue. :frustrated:

I 1/2 agree with both of you. I like a variant to pop up every once and a while. It's new. It's different. It's exciting. But this year has been variant overkill. WIth the 17-18 WD #100 covers, the phantom vs. ghost debacle, Pony's, etc... it's just too much. I understand the logic that "if we print it they will come," but it does get old. For example, I only bought two of the Bedlam variants. They should have never done as many as they did for a first issue. But, it's done. Just my 2c

I 1/2 agree with both of you. I like a variant to pop up every once and a while. It's new. It's different. It's exciting. But this year has been variant overkill. WIth the 17-18 WD #100 covers, the phantom vs. ghost debacle, Pony's, etc... it's just too much. I understand the logic that "if we print it they will come," but it does get old. For example, I only bought two of the Bedlam variants. They should have never done as many as they did for a first issue. But, it's done. Just my 2c

+1 I like having a variant here and there, but don't bury me in them. It also sucks for me because I like to have complete collections of stuff I enjoy and with so many variants it makes me think twice of even picking up a book that has so many because then I would have to get them all and I don't like that.

Edited by Miso

+1 I like having a variant here and there, but don't bury me in them. It also sucks for me because I like to have complete collections of stuff I enjoy and with so many variants it makes me think twice of even picking up a book that has so many because then I would have to get them all and I don't like that.

That's Bedlam for me.

Ya I have the 7 covers of #1 but what finally did it for me was finding out this was released after the fact.

$%28KGrHqJHJDQFCWu%29%29mdmBQtmfwLesQ~~60_57.JPG

I was like... alright I'm done. That's the straw the broke me. I still love reading the series and I'll pick up my phantom copy along with my reader, but that's it.

All things being equal, I don't want very many variants and I've grown tired of them as well. That being said, I do not fault creators, particularly independent creators, for capitalizing on what can be fleeting demand. It annoys us as collectors and people trying to sell books, but, from their perspective, it completely makes sense. With that in mind, huge props to Brian and Fiona for not doing many variants (they are not responsible for the multiple printings). The RRP and the ghost variant are beautifully done.

Ya I have the 7 covers of #1 but what finally did it for me was finding out this was released after the fact.

I was like... alright I'm done. That's the straw the broke me. I still love reading the series and I'll pick up my phantom copy along with my reader, but that's it.

More power to you, honestly. When it comes to Bedlam, I have 1 RRP, 1 copy of issue 1, and a copy of issue 2. That's it. The excess variants kept me from buying multiple copies of the book. That being said, I'm going to keep reading it and hopefully loving it. Just because I don't buy X > 1 copies of Bedlam/Saga/whatever every month, doesn't mean that I don't support the title.

Ya. I actually hit the eject button after that too.

Edited by Colicab

I quit paying attention to that title as it jumped the shark for me after five or so variants of the first issue. I've never even seen that one. Wtf is it?

I quit paying attention to that title as it jumped the shark for me after five or so variants of the first issue. I've never even seen that one. Wtf is it?

This is the Bedlam #1 Special Edition that Larry's Comics put out as a store exclusive, available online for $59.99, don't have any idea what someone can get it for in shop for though.

The sad fact is that greed killed what should have the best comic of 2013.

If Larry was charging $60 for that - no wonder Image and Marvel have pulled the plug.

The knob even put $4 cover price.

The sad fact is that greed killed what should have the best comic of 2013.

If Larry was charging $60 for that - no wonder Image and Marvel have pulled the plug.

The knob even put $4 cover price.

In what way has the comic been "killed" then? How has greed stopped it being the best comic of 2013? People are still reading the book and liking it. Reviews are good. I think what you mean is that greed has killed the speculation market - if that is the case then boo hoo for all the people that aren't able to triple their money. Doesn't affect the story or the quality of the book at all.

And did you read the article about no further printings? How did you come to the conclusion that Image's decision was anything to do with the number of variants on Bedlam? Total nonsense.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/11/as-issue-seven-sells-out-image-decides-to-stop-reprinting-comics-like-saga/

If Image is indeed no longer going to reprint certain titles, should we grab extra #7 issues?

The sulky kid has a rant, seriously, when I opened that email yesterday I

just felt like I was back in school and the sulky kid was having a go.

Image should have thought that email through first. We do order enough as I would imagine many retailers do so being scalded by a child certainly doesn't want to make me order extra