• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

i bit the bullet when the regs started spiking and bought a 9.6 for $300. At the time, i think it was the highest ever paid for a 9.6. But, the writing was on the wall, and I knew it was then or never.

It is waaaayyy too early to make that kind of prediction - this book is only on issue 9 :doh:

Give you $301 and some Garbage Pail Kids.

hm i do love GPK....

i bit the bullet when the regs started spiking and bought a 9.6 for $300. At the time, i think it was the highest ever paid for a 9.6. But, the writing was on the wall, and I knew it was then or never.

It is waaaayyy too early to make that kind of prediction - this book is only on issue 9 :doh:

by the time the RRP is back below $300, IF it ever happens, I will no longer have any slabbed saga.

My point was that the Reg cover had jumped, but the RRP hadnt yet. I sold enough regulars to cover the cost, and bought an RRP.

It was the right decision, and I am very happy to have made it. Within 10 days, the craziness started in the RRP.

If things were ever to go downhill in a big way, I will be out ahead of the curve also. I have no doubt there will be many pull backs along the way. Nothing can go straight up forever. If we get a strong one, I'll be looking to upgrade the 9.6 to a 9.8....

Edited by CBT

I am new to the forums and wanted to say hello. I am so glad I found these boards. I stayed up almost all night reading every page. I normally just collect WD, but recently got into Saga with the first trade and it is now my favorite comic. I am trying to complete a set of every issue, too bad they are so hard to find! Luckily, I found a #1 first printing last weekend at a local shop for $29.99 (9.6 range) and quickly snatched it up. I have been lucky so far and have got every issue at cover except for #2 and #6 first prints. I am trying to avoid paying eBay prices. Now I will probably get blasted for this, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so here we go... Can anybody help me out with a #2 or #6? or tell me where to go for a decent deal? :blush:

I am new to the forums and wanted to say hello. I am so glad I found these boards. I stayed up almost all night reading every page. I normally just collect WD, but recently got into Saga with the first trade and it is now my favorite comic. I am trying to complete a set of every issue, too bad they are so hard to find! Luckily, I found a #1 first printing last weekend at a local shop for $29.99 (9.6 range) and quickly snatched it up. I have been lucky so far and have got every issue at cover except for #2 and #6 first prints. I am trying to avoid paying eBay prices. Now I will probably get blasted for this, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so here we go... Can anybody help me out with a #2 or #6? or tell me where to go for a decent deal? :blush:

Welcome.

I won't be surprised if/when Saga 1 RRP > WD 1...and I think it could happen this year.

Just sayin'

I own both so I would be happy if the SAGA went up in value but I seriously doubt this will happen. Walking Dead has so much going for it outside the comic industry. The TV show is one of the most popular, if not the most popular show on TV. I work with over 100 people and most of them watch the show. My moms friends watch the show, my daughers friends watch the show. People that don't collect comics love the show. Saga on the other hand has no appeal outside the comic collecting world. If you asked 100 random people what they think of SAGA I would guess at least 95 would have no idea what your talking about.

I have one SAGA RRP and if the price reaches 2 dimes I'm selling it right away. IMO this title has a long way to go to be compared to the Walking Dead.

Edited by raybowles

WTTB:) Chapel Hill still has some and all my orders from them have been at least 9.6

Chapel Hill is sold out of #6 and the website does not list the condition of #2, just says first print. So, I called and talked to the owner(?) who said the copies he has left are less than 9.6... Oh well, it is still a good price I guess at $17.99. Should I take the chance anyway? Not sure I should spend that much for less than a 9.6.